Kongbo quiting football

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by KennyR, Oct 30, 2016.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

In all seriousness, did he play another snap after we ran the stretch/sweep to the right followed directly by the same play to the left. Both of which went for 0 yards.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

His career? Absolutely.

The absolute approach to quitting is stupid. That's not hyperbole.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

But they're quitters.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The two dumbest calls in a long series of idiotic calls over the last four years.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

No they aren't.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not at all. I completely understand what you're doing. Completely. And Ivm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying that this isn't a black & white issue in my head right now. I'm not sure what to think yet. We're not at a place to say he's a quitter or he's justified yet. At least in my mind with the limited info we have.

I understand your confusion with my respones. I'm not exactly known for being level-headed in my reactions to most issues.

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

His last touchdown was fitting for his style. 1st and goal, inside the 5...three consecutive carries for Hurd, culminating in 6 points. That's what you do with a 240lb bulldozer.

Where was that in the first quarter against Oklahoma last year?

8. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

I have very little sympathy for athletes demanding pay, etc. They have not, however, ceded their right to walk away.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

At a certain point, anything that gets a change in leadership, even quitting, is the right move. This can't continue. Thank god it is just football and not something important. If butch were a professor, he'd be recommending speed reading to improve grades and hiring instructors at stoplights.

10. JayVols

Did they quit the team? Yes. By definition, they are quitters.

You're using semantics.

Is a woman in an abusive marriage a quitter if she leaves before the kids are grown? Is she not a quitter if she waits until they are?

Semantics.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

But couldn't you argue that leaving midseason is better for the team?

Rather than staying and taking the reps when your heart isn't in it, you leave so that other players can step in and get that experience and exposure. This is better for John Kelly than if Hurd stays to carry the load.

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yep. I can't imagine how hard this has been on Hurd. Maybe he is a diva behind the scenes but he's laid it all on the line for years for his teammates and a complete fraud of a coach, so quitting is clearly the last thing in the world he would want to do.

I think our team has some really high character guys on it and this would have happened sooner if not for that fact.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Scholarships are a year to year deal. You play out the the year, you've fulfilled your obligation. Once you've done that, you are free to move along if you'd like.

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Hyams:

Sources: Tennessee running back Jalen Hurd told teammates last night he plans to transfer and play receiver or tight end at his new school

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If you've reached the point where you have quit internally, then let's just move on. If you are half assing it, I don't want you around.

At this point, butch needs to grow a set of balls and kick him off the team.

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Going to sit a year, then play senior year at Alabama, imo, jmo.

17. JayVols

I am fully aware of that.

So your objection is to not fulfilling the scholarship agreement, and not his obligation to his teammates in the locker room as previously stated?

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Would be a great move changing positions

20. JayVols

Said Tim Tebow never.