Lady Vols fall to UTC Mocs

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by YankeeVol, Nov 9, 2012.

1. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

80-71. They will likely fall out of the Top 25. When's the last time that happened?

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I think they were unranked in the final poll when they were knocked out of the NCAAT in the 1st round a few years ago.

Wow, awful start to the Warlick era. Knew this would be a down year, but UTC?

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Dang...

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

That's what they get for promoting a mediocre coach after she coached a roster with tons of seniors to mediocrity last season. They could've had their pick between two of the best women's coaches in the nation with the LSU/UK coach... but I guess Summitt's legacy kind of forced Hart's hand to pick who she wanted even though it will set them back awhile.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Dooley has now lost he dubious honor of worst coach on campus. I personally hope warlick gets a lifetime contract.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kind of crazy how the decline will surprise no one, but for some reason was unavoidable because we felt obligated to honor the request of a retired coach that earned millions here. I get that Pat Summitt's contributions are immeasurable, but she also had the biggest contract of anyone ever in her sport. I don't get why everyone feels coaches are entitled to such power.

7. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Will be one ugly season. Personally glad that I could care less.

8. murrayCod

murrayCod Member

How long did what's-his-face last after Dean Smith?

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

3 years. 80-28, three tournament appearances and 2 Final Fours.

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I know it's not in keeping with the theme on this site, but what if(and I know this sounds ludicrious) UTC is actually pretty damn good?

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Possible, but from what I've heard on sports radio the LV's play was quite sloppy throughout the game.

12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Turning the ball over 26 times is a good way to help you lose to someone you shouldn't.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Former Morristown West Lady Trojan was the high scorer for UTC.

14. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

They aren't - they're a decent SOCON team though.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This is what you get when you have a cadre of idiots throwing around the idea that someone "deserves" to be coach because they weren't good enough to get their own head coaching job for 20+ years and, instead, cash in on some bogus kind of "loyalty" sentiment running through the most insular and critique-avoidant group of fans in the UT system.

16. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

They need to hire Matthew Mitchell and be done with it.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Ding ding ding

18. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Isn't he making $1mil at UK? Is Hart willing to pony that up now that Summit is gone?