Lady Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Nov 10, 2021.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As I've said for 20 years, if basketball games were 38 minutes long he'd be working on defending his title again this year.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He was a likable guy, he recruited pretty well, and his teams were frequently mind-meltingly close but just short. If he’d been a horse’s ass he’d been run out on a rail. Honestly he’s not all that different than Harper

4. JohnnyQuickkick

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Her players reflect her tenor. Angel Reese is a constant shit stirrer instigator who's gotten away with her act because "Well, if she were a man..." or "But, Caitlyn Clark did something like this...". She's a WBB Draymond Green and I've never seen anything so pathetic as her chasing Clark around the court when she should be celebrating a title.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I covered the Vols and Wade Houston for a year for the Daily Beacon. His practices were embarrassing. I got moved from sports to advertising sales after an unflattering article which mentioned theyvplayed like they practiced, which was like nobody cared.

7. CardinalVol

Go get Insell at MTSU and call it a day.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Nah. He was a loser. We would have collapsed sooner

9. JohnnyQuickkick

His loser aura altered matter and energy and the laws of physics. There’s no other explanation for some of his losses.

10. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yeah MBB was sad for a period.

Wasn't Buzz the one that had the MJ connection? His UNC roommate or something?

I will shamefully admit that there is a period that I tuned out for awhile, I got so bummed. When I was harassed, it was easier for me to say, "Really?" to shut the conversation down.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

That was Buzz.

Was at least hoping we'd get MJ here for a game.

Poppa T likes this.
  12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I totally lost connection to men's hoops until Bruce came along. That was a long string of mediocre to terrible basketball.

13. VOLinDAWGland

Heck UTC bball during mid 80s with Gerald Wilkens and crew were better than the Vols.

CitrusCo.Vol likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have an autographed Kevin O'Neil photo. That must have been like sixth grade. I used to swipe my card in college and get down low mid court after 5 minutes into games and watch buzz ball in undergrad. I never played basketball, but have always been very invested in this program. Really, very close to the extent I am invested in the football program.

I think pearl facilitated me not wanting to leave Knoxville as quickly as I should have.

I have seen it low, then high with green, then low with buzz, then high with pearl, then low with Tyndall, then the Cuonzo rollercoaster, and now Barnes. I don't think many programs have been as resilient as the Vols without tasting a Final 4. I think it is just a matter of time if we keep consistently dancing.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I remember the “For tonight’s game only, those in the upper level may move to an open seat in the lower lever” days of Wade, some truly awful shit. The Green Day’s were my college time and fun, but you kind of knew the wheels could fall off at any time.

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Losing to UTC sealed the fate of Buzz Ball

17. VOLinDAWGland

I was at that game. Also at the game UTC beat UGA. Also watched the NCAA game with fiancé who is alumnus of Illinois where UTC beat Illinois. The glory years of UTC bball.

PilotFlyingJ and CitrusCo.Vol like this.
  18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

They did this regularly during the Buzz years, too. My go to move was buying a single for $5 on the way into the arena and end up a couple of rows from the court after they made the announcement.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

We 100% have seen each other because there were not many people going in those days.

20. CardinalVol

And boy did they.

16-1 at one point and finished 22-11.