Lady Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Pat’s rolling over in her grave…

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Just a reminder this was Fulmer's hire. Man, what damage that dude did.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Three straight double-digit losses, two to unranked teams and one to a previously winless (in conference) team. How on earth did this team get to the top five? They just look awful every time I flip them on.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I dont know know how yall can watch more than 2 minutes of it. I'd record it then watch in fast forward to make it look like normal human speed and waste 30 minutes instead of 2 hours

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  5. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I love the people defending Harper after the recent trainwreck. It should be a lot worse but they squeaked by so many games against bad opponents. People worship her just like they did Holly.

They're about to be ranked outside the top 10 in a sport where there's low parity and you have one of the 2 best jobs in the sport with no others close.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The Lady Vol fans are a separate breed from the rest of us UT fans, in general, and they lap up the true fan stuff more than anyone wearing the orange. They are going to have to realize hiring outside the Family is going to be necessary very soon.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’d 100% rather watch my wife’s Disney vlog videos she watches all day

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Oh no! Mamaw and Papaw need that 500 dollars a month.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Honest question regarding women's basketball, would the game benefit from a smaller court and lower goal? Does it make sense for Mackayleigh to be out there playing a game on the same court/goal as LeBron James and Steph Curry?

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yes, smaller court, 9 foot goal and 5 minute quarters would be more entertaining

11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Well at least they aren't playing half court like the old days. I hated that shit.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Given that the average height of a man is 5'9, by the same reasoning the NBA should have higher rims. They aren't playing the same game you did in the school gym anymore than ladies are. The difference between American men and women on average is 5 inches of height. The difference between an average American man and an NBA player is 9 inches of height.

And the average height of a women's college basketball player is one inch higher than the average American man. So they are more equipped to play at the current parameters than the average guy.

Tar Volon likes this.
  13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If height is the only factor that matters, sure.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm guessing verticals would be similarly distributed. What would be the thing to look at? I guess I am just skeptical of needing to change anything, because the court is static for everyone either way so changing it won't affect the inherent differences between bodies and groups.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My dad used to coach that. Actually was coaching when they transitioned to 5x5. Every time he'd explain the rules to me I'd just looked at him like he was crazy.

Poppa T likes this.
  16. CardinalVol

Huh. Who had IP as the sexist bigot saying women are inferior to men?

17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yeah. 3 on D; 3 on O and they could not cross the half court line. It was that way all thru my HS years. It was crazy. I don't even remember when they went to 5x5.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is why I don't say anything in public settings about athletics if it is men/women discussion. No matter what, it can get twisted up into something. My wife's friend plays rec soccer and talks about the national team women's pay stuff. I say nothing anymore. Every time it gets twisted all around. I just sit there and stare blankly.

Savage Orange likes this.
  19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think a smaller court and lower goal would make the game more watchable, but that might not be what they want and that's fair.

20. CardinalVol

In TN, I think it was 76 or 77. All I know is he nearly won one of the "state tournaments" back then when it was one class and he was at a school that was K-8 250. Group of girls lost 2 games from 5-8 grade, and it was both to schools that were 4 or 5 times bigger than his school, and both by single digits.

Poppa T likes this.