Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jewbaccah, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Just beat it.

I actually had to play through the final mission twice because the first time I wasn't paying attention to the paths at the end and I took one that I didn't mean to. My initial reaction was that it was terrible and actually ruined the entire franchise. After replaying the mission over and getting the ending I wanted (synthesis) I didn't hate it as much, but still feel like they could have done way, way better.

Everything at the end just felt extremely rushed and to top it all off it seemed that hardly any of the choices you made throughout the game had little bearing on anything. Rathar all the potential endings were all just based on what path you ended up taking at the end. Pretty cheap IMO. Maybe there will be some DLC down the line that straightens things out a bit, but at the moment i'm more dissapointed than anything, especially given how epic the rest of the series has been.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Duck, you aware of the indoctrination theory to the ending? Read it

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm trying so hard to hold off on this game until later but it is getting more and more difficult.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

In my despair I read crap on the internet all afternoon yesterday and ran across this. It is interesting. I really hope it's something like this, because I was profoundly disappointed in the ending. My visceral emotions have subsided somewhat but I still feel like they completely dropped the ball and ruined what was one of my favorite franchises. I don't care if BioWare is screwing with us, I'd GLADLY pay $10 for some DLC that fixes this.

5. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I have read about that. If that is indeed true, then I hope we see a continuation of the storyline in either DLC or another game sometime to better explain some stuff.

Still, the fact that there are theories arising from the ending of the game is a dissapointment in itself IMO. After playing through the series for the past 3 or 4 years the final game should offer at least some sort of closure, and there's hardly any of that there.

6. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Got the below link off another forum. Probably wouldn't click on it unless you've finished the game or know what happens. Thought it was interesting in supporting the indoctrination theory considering the name of the character model in the image.

................Or it could be purely coincidence. Or shopped. Or both. Nevertheless I thought it was worth posting.

imgbox - fast, simple image host

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

can someone again inform me what indoctrination refers to in this particular game?

8. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Reaper control of the mind.

Ex: Saren in the first game

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Isn't that how the Protheans became collectors as well for the second game?

10. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I really need to get back to this game and finish it. I THINK I am at least 50% done, but in reality, it wouldnt surprise me if I was like 5% done. Thats how long this game has been this time imo.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Game purchased... scared to start playing... need to finish semester strong...

12. JohnnyQuickkick

Sort of, I'd say Protheans:Collectors::Humans:Husks

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So i decided to start playing. Just wondering, is any of the DLC from Mass Effect 2 required for this game? Like does it have a significant impact on this one? If the impact is significant, i will buy and play the DLC, but if not I'm just gonna pass.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

You'll run into a couple of characters from a couple of DLCs, and there will be a couple of references to events that occurred. Not overly vital to the overall story, you just won't know as much background on some things.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

yeah i already ran into the whole Liara becoming the Shadow Broker thing. I knew that was part of the DLC. Overall, it doesn't seem like it matters very much and would not be worth the money to go back and buy now.

16. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So far this game is pretty awesome. It's sad knowing that the ending is gonna suck ass.

18. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

The ending doesn't suck.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

I thought it was pretty bad but I didn't go as far as to suggest they rewrite it. My emotional response has cooled a bit.

20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Indoctrination