POLITICS Meet Communist Chy-Na

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Oct 8, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

ask for 100 billion

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My 50 years deceased grandfather got a similar letter recently. It was less specific. Someone scouring the tax records in this case.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

The only ones who don't see it are the very wealthy investing there. Unfortunately, as you say, those are our ruling class who fund all the campaigns of all the politicians.

NorrisAlan and CardinalVol like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I liked how Trump tried to piss on China. It wasn't really Presidential, but it needed to be done

6. CardinalVol

Yup. Not sure it wad the right way to go about it, but he was 100% correct.

justingroves likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He did and said lots of stupid things, but I don't know how anyone could argue he was wrong on the Chinese government

zehr27 likes this.
  8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

i think it might be the only way.

they control the majority of our national politicians, most large companies, and a huge chunk of academia.

My college roommate from Jamaica tried to tell me this stuff back around 08 but I had the red white and blue glasses on and couldn’t see it.

they’re also starting to influence and control our culture, which is when we can’t recover if they get that.

9. CardinalVol

The #1 question that needs to be asked of people running for office in 22 and 24 is "Are you willing to turn down donations in your campaign and PACs from people with substantial Chinese investments?" and if the answer is no the vote against them regardless of any other issue.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

And yet his family was profiting off of that "hard" rhetoric through special deals with Ivanka Trump's licensing there.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Get rid of PACs all together. It's just a way to hide sources.

12. CardinalVol

100% agree.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Trump calling out NATO members for not pulling their weight and basically calling out China are two of the few things I actually agreed with him on.

But our corporations are so enamored with the making even MORE money that they are chasing the yuan like it was steak to a starving man. I hope it bites them in the ass.

Automation might be our savior against China, which is mostly cheap labor for our products.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Nobody gives a shit about anything if it makes them one more dollar. Or even if it might

JayVols likes this.
  16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And I don't get that, especially if you are a company already making 10 billion a year. But then I never understood the love of making money, hate money and what it does to people and how it drives the world.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't understand why one dollar more this quarter is valued higher than 1 dollar a year for the next 10 years.

18. CardinalVol

Because we've lost all comprehension of the long run. Every industry is focused on short term stock price.

19. CardinalVol

The more I read/learn about Wall Street the more I love it and the more it absolutely terrifies me.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

it terrifies me. Straight up, everything is slanted towards only the now.

NorrisAlan likes this.