POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

My future MIL has been a systems architect/programmer/technomancer at IBM for decades. She always covers her cameras/mics. That was my wake up call.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I hear that and it makes perfect sense - but our phones would have to be just as vulnerable, no?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean ya, now that you mention it.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

My girlfriend points this exact thing out alllllll the time. We talk about something together and then boom. Ads start appearing.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No escape.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Maybe, but it is more likely stuff like car make model color and bumper stickers.

You just become more aware of it, because it was in your life.

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I've had a couple similar experiences. Made me question my sanity.

8. TennTradition

From this morning, though I’ve seen this one make the rounds before:

Heaven has a wall, a gate and a strict immigration policy. Hell has open borders. Let that sink in.​

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Uh...

10. TennTradition

And another:

We now have two Muslims voted into Congress. They can’t put their hand on our bible & swear to uphold our constitution due to faith. We are being destroyed within our own country. The Trojan horse has made it inside our government. ​

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I really hope someone points out the obvious stupidity in at least some of these posts.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It won't do any good.

JayVols and fl0at_ like this.
  13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't think this was the actual point of this thread, but I can't help but leave this gem here:

Yes!!! I already see the same folks that ended their year whining and complaining about minor stuff starting out 2019 the same way!! Makes me crazy!!
    There were pics with quotes about how you shape your opinion about the world around you and such.

TennTradition likes this.
  14. fl0at_

TT’s friends and family are starting to paint a picture. About TT...

justingroves, JayVols and Volst53 like this.
  15. fl0at_

She never noticed she’s complaining about something minor.

JayVols and warhammer like this.
  16. TennTradition

Not often. I’ve tried some. If it is wildly bigoted I’m not tempted. But I often take a slow and steady approach. It really doesn’t do any good.

A guy commented to say that it was over the line to call for illegal immigrants to be sterilized as it was dehumanizing. The woman then made four comments in a row in response, each angrier. Told him he couldn’t tell her how to feel. And then started calling him and his family out for never buying his grandmother a tombstone and that she was just going to do it for them because she loved her like a mother. Haha.

17. TennTradition

Haha.

I’ve always strived to see a lot of thoughts and opinions.

There is one friend that will have some awesome liberal gems, but she has been quiet lately.

But I really am flooded with over the top posts like the ones I’ve been sharing here. It’s bad right now. Folks are losing their minds.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That one has been making the rounds for a few days, it and the one making comparisons to the Vatican.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I fully acknowledge that this is a real possibility, and the more reasonable one.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Does Hell really have an open border policy? I think Hell in popular mythology does have a gate. "Follow him to the gates of hell," etc. Also, the underworld in most faiths explicitly is fortified.

I think heaven has benefited from being surrounded by a crystal sea.