New Trap Up In The Blog Section.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Nov 8, 2011.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Yes.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

What I'm really wondering is how Paterno may have handled this if it happened in 1992 instead of 2002.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not sure of the accuracy of this story: I was listening to a local sports talk show yesterday and a caller had an interesting story (unconfirmed). He claims that a local paper in/near State College ran a story about a special state prosecutor that launched an investigation in 1998 RE: to Sandusky and abuse allegations. That prosecutor disappeared while investigating. They found his car, keys, and other personal items. They found his laptop/hard drive in a river, but was too damaged to retrieve any info. Sandusky abruptly retired in 1999 despite being 'the coach in waiting'.

Anyone else heard anything about this?

EDIT: After a brief search, apparently there was a prosecutor disappearance. So there is at least a measure of merit to the claim. The trouble is most think there is no connection to the '98 Sandusky investigation. Strange though.

NESN is reporting the possibility of Second Mile of pimping young boys to wealthy donors. Gonna get crazier by the day....

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  4. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

That was the recruitment of Leroy Thompson out of A-E in 86. I remember the huge front page photo in the KNS of Joepa in Thompson's living room. He had an average career at PSU. UT ended up signing Reggie Cobb out of Central the same year.