New York Yankees Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by SmokeyVol., Aug 13, 2011.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

That didn't work apparently. Jorge saying that he could see himself playing elsewhere next year.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Beat me to it. Good piece of work.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Has a solid stick but won't ever do much defensively. He, in my mind, is an everyday player version of Joba.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Can honestly say that I did not think a division championship was an option with this team. I still don't think they will win it all. But the beautiful thing about the postseason is if you can just get your foot in the door, anything can happen.

6. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I didn't see the Yankees winning the division. I thought for sure Boston was going to take it.

7. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Not buying it. Also see no point in Cashman saying this publicly. You won the Division, not the Series.

The idiocy of the Yankee front office bugs the piss out of me.

9. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I'd be willing to bet this happened with CC, and I guarantee it happened with Tex.

10. WM

WM Active Member

Thanks to the rainout i get to watch the Jays/ Rays game.
    Thanks weather.

11. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Exactly. I for sure thought Tex to Boston was all but in stone. I literally shit a brick when I heard the Yanks got him

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'm not buying the not actually interested in Crawford statement Cashman claims. And even if he truly had the intention of driving up the price, who gives a shit. You didn't drive up the price on the Marlins.

13. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Yeah, would Cashman be saying that if Crawford hadn't sucked hard this year?

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Which is what pisses me off the most. I'm all about rivalries and keeping it heated or what not. But Cashman is lucky. The Lee debacle was handled terribly. And there were arguments about whether or not Gardner could get the job done everyday. I'd be willing to make a hefty wager that Cash was in the no camp. Can't prove it, though.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Can't stand to be pissed on and told it's raining.

16. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Hey look, the Yankees can beat the Red Sox

17. WM

WM Active Member

So i think it goes without saying but,
    Go Yankees.. Sweep that doubleheader tomorrow and i will correct the typo in the thread.

18. WM

WM Active Member

Doesn't quite pass the sobriety test.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Shame that I didn't get to start it.

20. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Well Yanks are up 5-0 on the Rays......looks like Boston might just sneal in