NIT Round 2: Tennessee and MTSU

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by kptvol, Mar 19, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

No thread? What the heck?

Wish they would call a few more fouls.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Rucker has been [itch bay]ing about it hard on twitter. How bad is it?

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's like evey twenty seconds. Was a pretty unenjoyale first half.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Holy Shit. Can this game be called any tighter? Both teams are gonna foul out by the 10 minute mark.

5. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

This is rough after watching high-quality basketball for 4 days.

Jimmy Dykes isn't helping.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

We've mis-timed so many (leaps for) rebounds in the last few minutes it makes me sick.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. God hates MTSU.
    2. We just can't finish games. Yet.

8. TennTradition

We're going to be playing hack-a-raider pretty soon...

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Horrible, horrible way to end the season. Right back where we started. Awful.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Deserved to lose by 15+.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Looks like we went home at the 6 minute mark. Disappointing.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Jordan mcrae friggin killed this team tonight. Golden ability to be taken to the goal by an 80 year old on a walker hasn't helped either.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

embarrassing.

14. TennTradition

Skylar was cold as ice on offense...he just couldn't dig them out of their troubles late in the game tonight. MTSU did what they needed to do, starting with Davis' technical foul. Hate to see these Vols' season end this way. I had really hoped they would be rewarded with a trip to New York for their efforts this year. Disappointing.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Had them and our damned guards quit trying to get the ball inside.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

McRae shouldn't be allowed to shoot.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

What a [uck fay]ing joke. Pathetic way to end the game. 7 minute scoreless streak. Outscored 17-0 to end the game. Completely backed down from being challenged by [uck fay]ing MTSU. I'm ok with losing. I'm not ok with showing no backbone. Another shitty Tennessee postseason between the SEC and NIT. Martin's fitting right in.

18. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

In all seriousness, I think the basketball team wanted to start their Spring Break. Probably more exciting than playing in a useless tournament.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Really was an embarrassing effort. I never play the players owe fans angle, but shit. They were a garbage team that for the most part got great attendance. Then for their final home game they completely mail it in. Who is going to show up to watch that junk next year?

20. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Kind of makes it sound like McBee wasn't a big part of it... which he was (not sure you meant it that way).

Only ones in the building that could stop Maymon and Stokes were wearing orange and white, and they had numbers like 11, 23, 52, 13...