Official 2018 8th Maxim Fantasy Football League Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rbroyles, Aug 7, 2015.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Hey I vetoed that. I think Just a Brees messaged you too. But as soon as he accepted that trade he emailed both of us to say it was an accident. He dropped his phone and when picking it up his hand in the screen accepted the trade. Since he contacted me pretty much as quickly as I received the email that the trade was made, I went ahead and vetoed it.

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

All of the records are only showing 2 weeks worth of games (yep, I'm 0-2). IDK if it's a Yahoo glitch (I'm guessing yes since changing the regular season from Week 1-14 to Week 9-14 would show up in the Commissioner updates, I would think.

I'm not amazing at evaluating trades, but it seems like it's within the close enough for personal preference/team needs zone to me. I think I got an email about one involving Deshaun Watson for Kyler Murray, and maybe that was the intended one?

3. TennTradition

I just posted an explanation. Nothing about the merits of the trade.

However I have been scratching my head on the Watson trade. Folks can vote on that.

4. TennTradition

I see the records too. Man I hope I didn’t screw something up. I’be reviewed the settings and I don’t see anything that looks off. Anyone else see anything?

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Looking at it more closely, Murray and Olave still have byes. Diggs should be an upgrade at receiver over Olave (but he [uck fay]ed me in my PPR ESPN league last week). Watson is done for the year, and it's weird that he's included at all, but I think it's within my "fair value" range.

6. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Oh gotcha, I hadn't seen his message until now but obviously completely fine with me

TennTradition likes this.
  7. NashVol11

I see it too, but when I've seen similar things before it's been nothing. I think sometimes when the commissioner changes a setting, it takes some time for the site to re-load the results from the season, if that makes any sense. Hopefully tomorrow it looks different

TennTradition likes this.
  8. NashVol11

Now the standings include Week 10 but act like everything in Weeks 3-9 was a tie, even though if I click on those weeks in my schedule I can see the actual score. I don't see anything off in the settings though so I guess hopefully it updates itself.

Tbh I don't love changing the rules for the waiver order process now in Week 11, and getting kicked down to 11th in the waiver order after I had passed on a few players to stay up at 4th, but the commish just changed the rule midseason and it's a difficult change to undo

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
  9. TennTradition

Yeah that was my bad. I honestly thought I had it set up as waiver by reverse ranking because that is what we always do. I had to go in and change the rule for the trade voting so I could cancel the inadvertent trade and thought I had accidentally changed the waiver order so I thought I was changing it back. Didn’t realize until this post that I didn’t have it that way.

I could change it back but to your point it would reset with someone in first rotation and I’m not sure who that would be. Likely wouldn’t be able to get it back to the same person being up as was before.

10. NashVol11

Well instead of just complaining I decided to see if I could do the work. If we do set it back to a continual rolling list, I think the order would look like this (last waiver claim in parentheses):
    1. Ass Etienne Season (N/A - 11th pick)
    2. Dickson Fire (N/A - 7th pick)
    3. Stiff Army (10/18)
    4. Cunning Stunts (10/18)
    5. St. Gouda Cheesers (10/25)
    6. First and Plenty (10/25)
    7. Swifties (11/8)
    8. Ingobernables (11/8)
    9. Sexual Chocolate (11/15)
    10. Just a Brees (11/15)
    11. 10SEvols (11/15)
    12. Boston Massacre (11/15)

11. NashVol11

Separately, the team records are fixed now for me

12. TennTradition

Any objections to setting it back?

13. TennTradition

Yes saw that earlier tonight.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Nope. Ain’t gonna affect me one bit, my team sucks

utvol0427 likes this.
  15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I have the same waiver order (#2) either way. Seems bad.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Confidence in league administration is low. Rumbles coming from the owners that a shake-up may be demanded.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

As long as the shake up involves PPR

18. NashVol11

PPR is the Devil IMO

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Gtfoh you tasteless hack

PPR is for the discerning gentleman

Half-PPR is acceptable

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m definitely not saying this because I haven’t played standard in a decade and drafted a PPR team

Definitely not

NashVol11 likes this.