Ole Piss: All 21 NCAA Allegations

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tenacious D, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I think they'll just torch Ole Miss, they make for an easy target. And Bama is borderline untouchable so long as Saban is there.

3. Tenacious D

Skip to the 16:50 mark and see a man who bet it all, and is about to lose it. Still harping on and holding his faith up as a shield, the man is damned consistent, if nothing else.

Best Freeze line: "It's extremely difficult to ask current players to suffer penalties for the actions of the past..." **cough** especially since I am the one who committed those past actions...**cough**

[youtube]VYWyz3cwSPE[/youtube]

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

If there is a god, surely nothing would tick him off more than someone invoking him to cover for his own bad acts.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Where are they referring to when they say "great university?" What great university is in Mississippi?

6. RockyHill

Honest question for you and anyone else, do you think a major college coach can wear their faith on their sleeve without being a hypocrite? I mean in general, not in this situation. Obviously Freeze gives the phony preacher vibe.

7. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Richt seems like a decent guy but Freeze is a sleaze.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There are some that genuinely attempt to lead a good, honest life. Dabo, who I can't stand, is one of those. He's a simpleton, but he's tries to be a good guy.

Richt is a good guy

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't think Richt was a hypocrite. I'm trying to think of other "on their sleeves" guys. It is hard because I don't remember the inauthentic ones usually. It is pretty common in sports for coaches to put on airs, so they run together. It is the more authentic ones that stick out.

10. RockyHill

I probably could have worded that better. Suffice it to say, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you probably agree that being a major college football coach is not incompatible with being a "good Christian", whatever that means to most people.

To take it out of a religious context, I don't believe there is a moral problem with "cheating" in giving impermissible benefits to athletes. I wouldn't fault anyone for disagreeing with me, but I think many who would might not fully understand how college football works.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

My Aunt taught music as Briarcrest when Freeze was there, still sings his praises for being such a "godly man". I always laugh when she talks about him.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Art Briles was a good enough tactician to guarantee himself unending employment at Baylor without having to resort to being scum. He just decided he could go farther more easily by ignoring any sense of morality.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Quacks like a duck, walks like a duck kind of logic.

14. RockyHill

I'm just talking paying players. Art Briles came diwn on the wrong side of issues where there is no gray area or room for debate.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think guys like richt or wooden or Paterno or even pete carroll justified it to themselves by ignoring the cheating going on and letting their underlings or other people do it. maybe not even consciously ignoring it either.

16. Tenacious D

That's actually an interesting question to consider.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think Briles could have operated with 100% purity in all things and been fine at Baylor.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Alternatively, one could very easily look at paying players as not being an immoral action.

19. Tenacious D

One could argue that not paying players is infinitely more immoral.

20. RockyHill

Yeah, but that's in large part due to the fact that they were a perennial cellar dweller before he showed up.