Other Coaching Changes

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, Jan 9, 2016.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

That's per annum? That's too much.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That's what's being reported.

3. TennTradition

And that UT will not be responsible for his 800k buyout.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

That's silly.

5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Huh?

6. TennTradition

No way we were getting him for less I would think. I'm not sure if he was making 1 MM or perhaps just under at PSU.

Top flight guys go for that. You're not if the opinion that he is that caliber?

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Not sure. That's s big ticket for a guy who has never played for anything.

8. TennTradition

Definitely.

9. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

First of all who gives a damn what the amount is. Trumpet Blower just recruited a game changer on that side of the ball. Am I shocked yes like most.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

That's fair.

11. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

He was elevated to 1 million per year at PSU this time last year. Tennessee is not responsible for his 800K buyout (wondering if a booster is pitching in on it)

Has not played for anything, but he has had 5 straight (3 @ Vandy, 2 @ PSU) top 25 defenses, including a top 3 (iirc) defense two years ago despite having only 1 draft pick in that group I believe. He had offers from LSU and Auburn in the past year for over a million and LSU just paid Aranda 1.3 per (He was making like 500K at Wisc).

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Winning sec/national championships cost money.

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

It also has a pretty good return on investment.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The alternatives weren't exactly overly attractive options, as far as I know.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I tend to agree that someone other than Shoop is taking care of that buyout. If true that relations between Shoop and Franklin were strained than it's genius to leave the appearance he's paying his own buyout. It benefits both sides. Tennessee (Hart) can show it is a win in negotiations while Shoop can take the high road leaving Penn St. while making Franklin look bad at the same time by giving the appearance things were so bad he paid his way out of there. I'm probably reading too much into it but I have a hard time believing Bob paid the buyout.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Franklin supposedly told him he was fired if he came to town to interview. Technically Shoop was fired once his plane landed. If that's true, there is no buyout.

17. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

LOL

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Penn State would owe him money, which would be cancelled out by his new contract here

19. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

That's a sweet result.

20. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Who is Penn St going to get now ?