Pearson and Wolfe

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Sep 6, 2014.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

We're losing UGA anyway. Uf is when we need him. Rest up for 3 weeks and hope he's fully healed.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree with the premise, but with a nuance. We could win or lose against UGA without him affecting the outcome greatly, as it will be due to Richt "Oopsy" game or not.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I've got a feeling we beat UGA. I'm usually captain pessimistic but for some reason I keep thinking it happens. And it's not just that Mark Richt coaches them.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Well we do have a bye week before that game. Who knows?

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

Have a big cup with me! We always beat UGA on their home turf for some reason. And let's hope they try some stupid black-out crap while they are at it.

#GBO

6. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

Butch just said Wolf has a bruised knee and is questionable for this week. Pearson is confirmed to have a high ankle sprain and is out for sure this week.

7. NorrisAlan

Rub some dirt on it.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Inject some roids into it.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Get a Vol Hostess to kiss it.

10. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

#kptvolgetsit

11. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

You trying to give the players Herpes?

12. NorrisAlan

He didn't say let NYY kiss it.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I've got a feeling that Gurley's Heisman Trophy tape will simply be the Tennessee game, with the commercials edited out.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And it wouldn't surprise me. With that said, we all know how poorly coached Richt's teams are and the propensity to lay an egg at home nonetheless.

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

He will make everybody look stupid if he stays healthy.

16. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Every few years, Richt's seat gets warm...then he almost wins it all. This is his year to almost get there.

17. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

One thing to keep in mind regarding the High Ankle Sprains....

Why the injury is the same as it has always been, the treatment of such injuries has improved greatly. I would have much rather he have a normal sprain, however, the High Ankle Sprain is not necessarily as bad as it once was.

Tennessee has one of the best Athletic Training Rooms in the world (in the field myself and absolutely admire their new setup). They also have a very competent staff operating it. While the standard HS athlete would go to PT 2-3 times a week for 1hr at a time, Pearson will likely be in therapy 6-7 days a week for probably a good 6 hours a day..if not longer.

Obviously, everyone heals differently. Some respond better to certain treatments than others. You also have to factor in unknowns like the Athletes willingness to do what they need to do when they are on their own.

Without knowing the severity and based on pure assumptions...I would trent towards the Florida game, however given three weeks from injury to UGA, it would not be the least be surprising if he was back then.

18. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Unless either AJ or one of the Berry bros light his ass up like EB did Knowshon.

19. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor