Practice Updates

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

CBS prediction / pundits listed TN as being "Most Overrated", only 3 of the 7 have us winning the SECE, three have us finishing second behind either UGA or UF, and a one had us finishing 3rd, behind both UGA and UF. UGA was listed as winning the SECE on three of their predictions, and UF on one.

And they are super-high on TAMU - I think a couple listed them as their sleeper pick, someone picked them to finish second in the SECW, and another said that they'd beat BOTH Bama and LSU.

**Edit**
    Link:http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...errated-underrated-predicted-order-of-finish/

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The TAMU love is stupid. Sumlin is watching the program burn.

I can understand the hesitation on Tennessee because of Butch, but this Tennessee team is more talented by a lot than UF or UGA. As shitty as Butch has been, he's a 55 yard field goal and a Preston Williams fumble from playing in the seccg last year

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yep. If you're depending on Trevor Knight to save your job it's already over.

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Honestly that needs to be the talk preseason. The media knows the team is talented but none of the overrated talk centers around roster weakness. Everyone knows what the weakness is and if they fail, there won't be any question as to who the blame falls on. It's a win-win if I've ever seen one.

5. RockyHill

Hopefully the recent developments in the AD mean that Butch can't get extended for 9/10 wins as well.

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Actually the 55 yard field goal alone puts us in the SECCG if Medley hits it. But still...

Add in the "almost sack" on Jacob Coker at Bama deep in their territory and that game may have ended different. Then take your pick in the OU game.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

They have 10-2 talent. I buy it. That being said they aren't exactly ranked very high anyway

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He doesn't have to be Manziel

9. RockyHill

You're right. It's just funny to see them run off all they've had. I think that program is disintegrating, no player(s) will stop it.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They had 10-2 talent the past two years too.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Hate to go Butch, but that talent was young. They are upperclassmen now and the guys behind them are good for once which wasn't always the case. I'm a believer even though I don't think sumlin is great.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Also a SC fumble away from the season going down the shitter.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That is rather Butch esque

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The dropped UGA TD pass really saved the season from being a complete shit sandwich.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

and, you know, given that their opponent that means the most to us is Butch's team. . .

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If Chubb doesn't **** his knee up on the first play, that game is never close.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Meh. We still scored 38 points. There's no reason we shouldn't have been in that game. Only reason we were in such a hole were two DST TDs