PREDICT: TN vs UF

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 11, 2017.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

[​IMG]

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Agree. Not two touchdowns, but taking a knee with a minute left, type win.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You are 100 pct correct.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's what makes this game so dangerous for butch. There is no way to credibly spin this loss. If he can't win this game Saturday, he simply doesn't have what it takes. If he had won something of consequence to this point, it would be one thing. But you can't ride excuses of youth and depth for more than 4 years while failing to win more than 10 games and struggling to find wins against other winning sec programs.

This is getting to the end of the story. It's SEC winning seasons or start packing. I now believe he needs 8 regular season wins to stay. And next year will need 9. He's going to win the SEC east or get ran off in the next 2 years.

Put me down on record. It's plain.

6. MWR

MWR Contributor

As the game nears, I'm now saying Florida by 2 TDs or more. Probably a blow out.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

My god, he lost the limplegs of the volsphere. He's lost the dobbs4heismans. It's really only the lunas left.

8. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Then we'll probably back into some New Years day bowl game by sheer luck and blow out some big 10 team. Everyone gets on the hype train again for next year and Bush is retained ad nauseam.

Rinse and repeat per previous instructions.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  9. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I can honestly see where he's coming from.

A good chunk of our fan base I feel like has gotten comfortable with the 9-4 type seasons and are just glad we aren't in the Dooley years anymore.

I definitely don't think it's within the realm impossibility that he's retained after another 9 win season including the bowl.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Worth pointing out that all those guys are still suspended and today is Florida's last day of practice, so pretty much no chance they are back for UT.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If he loses to Florida, I doubt he finishes the season.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because he can't coach at this level. He's a mac coach.

13. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

well i guess since UF is keeping those 9 kids out on suspension for this game, plus we get back ..ehhh... whoever was banged up.... i think this game might end up in OT.

...where UF will win.

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Then why do the gamblers still have us as meaningful underdogs?

The money seems to know something we don't.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I hope you are right, but I'll believe when I see it. The guy pissed away a chance to go to play for an SEC Championship and a likely trip to the Sugar Bowl by losing to South Carolina and Vanderbilt and 90% of our fan base still thought he was a great coach.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is interesting. I haven't figured what their angle is about. Unless they think the perception of UT is just that low.

18. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Vegas is not in the business to lose money. They want action on both sides. As much as I think Tennessee should beat Florida rather handily I throw in the Butch factor. If I was some type of math wizard I'd put an impressive formula below. But since I'm not here's the best I can guess on how Vegas would look at this on an Elementary level:

Based on talent level alone (factoring in the kids suspended or injured) Tennessee -13

Florida gets 3 points for being at home so Tennessee -10

Florida gets the statistical rival advantage by previous meetings where they are 11-1 in the past 12 meetings so Tennessee -7

Butch Jones admits that they have been lining up 1 yard off the LOS forever so Tennessee -3

Tennessee has given up about, what, 8,000 yards of offense in the past however many games so - PICKEM

Tennessee is coached, and God I use that term loosely, by one Lyle Butch Jones so Florida -6

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I could see John Kelly just pulverizing them and then Butch for some insane reason throws an out to a WR at the goal line and it's a pick 6. A few three and outs later and he's in full on panic mode and Dormady is passing the ball every down and getting nowhere. Defense is gets tired from 20 second UT drives and UF goes to the outside run game. Clock runs out, UF has 40 minutes time of possession and the win.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You forgot sideline trashcan. Tennessee -21