POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Ah. More cutting edge analysis.

What's going to get Trump ran, again?

2. Tenacious D

Amen. I don't know what happens the next time anyone puts a bird in the air, but given the wrong time / place, we likely won't be around to worry about it.

3. Tenacious D

Two things on bringing in Muller as the special prosecutor:

1. Deputy AG Rosenstein is doing work at the DOJ. Last week, writing the memo that killed Comey, and this week, he personally picked, named and independently appointed Muller without ever consulting the White House, beforehand. Better, his appointment gives him both broad, unilateral and autonomous powers (including the ability to issue subpoenas and file criminal charges) - and best, he doesn't have to share anything with anyone at the DOJ or White House, at any time during or after his investiagton. This is all exactly as it should be.

2. I don't know much about Muller, but the fact that all sides - including the Intel community - seem perfectly content and trusting of him in that role, speaks volumes about him, IMO. I honestly didn't think that such a person existed.

Does anyone have any hesitation or misgivings about this guy's credentials to provide a fair and accurate investigation? If so, make'em known now, before anything comes out, rumors are started, etc. If anyone has any apprehension about him, you'll be the first person I've heard that has anything less than supreme confidence in his fair impartiality.

Anyone?

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You've driven this bit so far, you have no choice but to dig in. I get it.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have no problems with Mueller, and in fact, I think he is a great choice given what we know about him.

And if he finds zero evidence of collusion, then everyone in DC should put it to bed and move on. And as much as I don't like Trump, I want them to find nothing. And that is the truth.

GahLee likes this.
  6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I agree with every word in this post.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

"This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!" - Says man who spent years harassing previous president over phony birth certificate issue.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I would like to see the #witchhunt stuff start up again.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Everything about the man is "greatest", "biggest", some other superlative "in history". He does know the world existed before Jan 20, 2017, right?

Right?

right?

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Though most are more savvy about speaking their mind, I think they all feel that way to a degree.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Lost in this is more important news -

President Trump is to speak in Riyadh on Saturday. Later that night, Toby Keith is performing a free concert for the men of Riydah.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'd hate to be Mueller. In the media, he's either going to be the American hero that took Trump down or the stooge that provided cover to the Trump administration. If his investigation concludes that there was no collusion he'll be crucified.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The majority of me still thinking Trump wasn't willing coluding with the Russians. What I do think is that he really likes the cut throat win-at-all-costs people and surrounded himself with them without thinking of what potential downsides of that would be. I would think a more seasoned political figure would know better than to completely stock his cupboard with these folks, but Trump did it anyway.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I dont think there is a better all-around option than Mueller. Like I said, Rosenstein doing this gives me pause about a lot of the rumors.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, Reagan probably didn't deserve to be shot either. Glitter-bombed, maybe. Perhaps an unexpected upper Decker. But being shot was poor form and rude.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Trump wanted to land his helicopter on Masada. FFS. He really doesn't have any sense of things being bigger than himself. Israel told him no. Duh.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I kind of wonder how the national response would be if Trump were the victim of some type of attack. I'm pretty much to the point where I think it would be something along the lines of you either are celebrating or you're racist.

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I pretty much agree. I don't believe he has or is engaging in intentional nefarious activity. I do believe he is a narcissistic adolescent recklessly filling a role for which he is unsuited, and one I don't believe he truly wants. The people surrounding him are apparently unable or unwilling to manage him through this significant learning curve, although I'm not even sure anyone can effectively manage him. It's crazy the amount of self-inflicted damage by this administration. Folks like to [itch bay] about the liberal media and witch hunts but the current administration is contributing just as much to the perpetuation.

20. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Salute.