Proud of the guys.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanjo, Nov 21, 2011.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

We can nitpick of course, but there's a lot to be proud of. Yemi and Wes doing some good things out there.

I really dislike Duke. Where do they find all these 6-10 white guys that can shoot 3s?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

They clone them.

3. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Golden looks really, really good. I saw the point totals from the first two games, but I didn't realize how good of a passer he is out there. More than a couple really nice dishes tonight.

Maymon at the rim is a train wreck.

Broadcast made a deal out not hitting a three for the first time since the nWo was kicking ass and taking names, but it was nice that they only shot seven or eight and were still in the game throughout.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Maymon didn't have his best game but he was active and is clearly our only real threat down low right now.

Golden and Maymon both are just fit and a step quicker. I hope they hold up playing the minutes they'll have to play.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've already determined I'm going to have a love/hate relationship with Maymon this year. End of story. JP PRince part deux.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Let me start by saying that I know little about the intricacies of basketball being a football guy. But I do know about competition. What I saw yesterday was a bunch of guys that may not have elite talent, but they have a competitive spirit. They scrapped the whole game despite being given no chance. I can live with that.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they play like that all the time (unlikely, they're human), they're going to win some of these games they aren't supposed to.