Pruitt: “Our football team is 100 times better than it was this time last year. "

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DownNDirty, Sep 25, 2019.

1. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Stop it ... you didn’t even believe that shit when you typed it.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Minimum 9 at Florida

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I will take it right now

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

He did a good job picking up the pieces after the start. It could have gone in the toilet, but it didn't. I'm 66% in at this point. If his wife gets her way, and they name their kid after Jauan, I'm at 75%.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm not calling for a win against UF, UGA, or bammer being necessary next year, but it needs to happen within the next two.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I want JG to stay because we could always use experienced depth at QB. If he will be the starter next season or a distraction to the team, I’d prefer he moves on. I could say the same thing about Maurer.

Barring Bailey’s being a complete shit show from the bump and throughout spring practice, this needs to be his team.

Your QB has to be an equalizing difference-maker, even if at a higher risk, to win 9+ games, IMO. I’d rather take a risk of winning anywhere between 6-10, than to be certain of only winning 7. As Bailey will still be here in three years, and has the potential to develop into an elite QB by then, both he and this young WR corp need as much experience as they can get next season.

utvol0427 likes this.
  7. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

And I also think needs to happen if CP and staff are going to get into the top 5-10 recruiting classes. A win over one or more of those three shows we turned to the corner to contenders for the SEC or at least right on the cusp.

warhammer likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd like to marry the last two posts. If CP and staff are going to get into the Top 5-10 recruiting classes, You need to roll out Bailey and show that the best WILL play.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

And if not, you'd better be rolling out an offense that lights it up on the way to beating some of those so-called big three on the schedule making it obvious the choice to not go with the freshman was the right decision.

IP and Memtownvol like this.