Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This is the kind of content that keeps me going.

"On the other hand, both excellent and terrible QBs get fairly low scores in DETMER. Last year’s Heisman winner Bryce Young was undeniably great, throwing for 4,872 yards, 47 TDs, and 7 picks. But that excellent TD:Int ratio massively hurts him in DETMER, reflecting that he’s far too good to ever lead a Pac-12 After Dark match-up. His 2021 season number? A paltry 1.07."

Hooker with a .66 DETMER? Get him outta here

3. CardinalVol

What makes college football so fun is that you can watch a random game with a unhinged QB and be fully entertained. Two DGAF gunslinging QBs is about as good as it gets for a random game.

4. CardinalVol

This is the NIL stuff I'm here for -

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

More of this.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hundreds of ugly helmets and one cool one.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know I am just a bitter Vol fan, but seeing highlights like this celebrated pisses me off because I know 1000% this would be a penalty if a Tennessee player made this exact same play. 1000%.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Eric Berry was doing that to people back then though

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Gibril Wilson got drafted based on hits like that

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The world was different back then

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

This stuff at UK with football program vs basketball program is wild. Cal shouldn't have said it, but he is also not totally wrong. Stoops is righteous in his defense of his program, though. Terrible look all the way around, I'd expect an AD to squash this beef IMMEDIATELY and put on a single front. It's absolutely amateur hour over there for the Kentucky AD to be allowing this to go on. Hurts both programs. UK totally deserves this.

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

It is fantastic. Especially when JJJ comes out and calls us an "everything school" and Danny publicly supports him on it.

justingroves, PilotFlyingJ and IP like this.
  14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

CC is a weird [uck fay]ing dude

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I’ve always found Stoops to have a Butch Jones flavor. Petty and thin skinned. Just a bit more competent but definitely thinks he is better than he actually is.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't really see it before this little episode, but ya. He is indeed thin skinned.

justingroves likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

But if he is looking to be the big coach on campus at UK, he is in for a lot of disappointment because it will take national titles.

18. CardinalVol

I honestly don't blame him one bit. A coach has to defend his team. I'd have done the same.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, but the whole thing is still a clown car. Not well delivered. And where is the UK AD? Whatever they pay him, it surely should cover putting out this fire.

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

He’s not looking to be the big coach on campus. He’s just ticked that Cal took a shot at his program simply because the university won’t approve a new basketball practice facility.