Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I think there's been 3 plays in the last 15 minutes in UGA-AUB

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

They need to figure this out. Completely unwatchable.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Auburn; We have done well with pressure.

Auburn DC; Well lets only rush 4 for the 4th quarter and leave Bowers uncovered.

cpninja and utvol0427 like this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Banksesque D calls there not doubling Bowers. Not even singling Bowers on that drive

6. cpninja

cpninja Member

Auburn calls blitz every play until crucial 3rd and long. Then drop in coverage and give up an easy first down. Teams need to stop hiring DCs with a room temp IQ

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

What the hell are they so afraid of? It seems like it’s about 95% of them.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

And again, Ga backed up down 7 and should have been a pick. Instead a 98 yard drive then another drive against a defense who decides not to get near Bowers. That kindof shits been happening to Smart for years.

IP likes this.
  9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I saw that Ole Miss fans showered the field with trash after a questionable call and stormed the field after the game. Crickets from Wolken, Forde, etal...

10. Ssmiff

11. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

This was also Duke against Hartman

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I get that storming the field is dangerous not probably shouldn't happen, but what are we doing here? This guy probably has immense pressure to "do something" in that moment, but anything he can do is just making the situation more dangerous because of the scale of the situation. This needs to be thought through.

13. Ssmiff

That’s the Titans LT

NashVol11 likes this.
  14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Sadly that’s any Titans tackle on either side of the line this year

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a rent a cop that takes himself way too seriously

InVolNerable likes this.
  16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Buddy there is asking to contribute to someone getting legit trampled on.

Anyone employed as one of the security guards that are actually trying to fend off tens of thousands descending onto the field at once is a total goober. When it becomes obvious that the field is being universally rushed throughout the stadium common sense needs to kick in. Just stand aside and be on the lookout for anyone in your field of vision who may need assistance/medical help.

Like there are videos of security guards in Neyland last year vs Bammer that were correctly helping women in tricky heels or older folks safely navigate themselves over the wall onto the field.

InVolNerable, NashVol11 and utvol0427 like this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Where is Ubben too?

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Storming the field when you beat a 1 loss team ranked 5 spots above you is interesting. I feel like every week there is a few field storming situation.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I've been waiting for his write up condemning the classless and dangerous actions of out of control Ole Miss fans that were hurling projectiles onto the field of play. Conveniently though he has been dead radio silent so far on an issue that we all thought he was so passionate about policing as an esteemed member of the national sports media for some reason. i WoNdEr wHy!

warhammer and zehr27 like this.
  20. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

There is a reason for it. Nobody gives a shit about Ole Miss. Writing about Tennessee, whether good or bad, draws readers. Writing about Ole Miss doesn’t.

SetVol13, justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.