Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I don't think he will leave until his sons are done or Sheduer is a senior. He won't leave without him.

Volsdude likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think sanders would leave Boulder after one season that is losing. He knows he can fix it and he knows how it will look to leave before he does.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t want him in the SEC. Not because I’m afraid of him. I’m just already sick of him

Memtownvol, NorrisAlan and utvol0427 like this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

don’t know if you see his twitter but almost daily he seems to have a narcissistic type look at me post

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is total bullshit

SetVol13, gcbvol and utvol0427 like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

A dude on the radio here was like, "they agreed to this when they moved up" and I wanted scream at him that there is no real choice if you want to move up. It was a condition of doing so. And a pointless one.

zehr27 likes this.
  7. JohnnyQuickkick

Dan Wolken says the purpose of the rule is to discourage schools from moving up and they shouldn’t make an exception just because JMU is good.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why should schools be discouraged from moving up?

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Because we have ours and we don't want to share.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

Yeah, and I guess I can see the angle of not wanting schools to come up that can’t compete, but ok, deny them. But imo if someone comes up, they’re up.

A-Smith and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I read that it has to do with academic requirements being less in FCS than FBS, so the rule is in place to keep teams from pulling a Marshall and getting a player(s) that don't qualify for FBS programs and immediately moving up and competing with players that would otherwise be ineligible. Not sure if that is accurate, but if so there seems to be better ways to go about it than what we currently have in place.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

If so, then the roster should have a chance to be demonstrated as fbs eligible.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That makes some sense but if JMU has their academics in order, there's no reason to deny them

zehr27, A-Smith and InVolNerable like this.
  14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

"This way is easier, so [uck fay] 'em" - NCAA

justingroves and IP like this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

LOL, Harbaugh accepting his fate.

He was going to get hammered IMO. Bet word got back the B1G had some pretty damning evidence.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

If it’s really all that bad, sitting out a couple games doesn’t seem like a lot

justingroves, A-Smith and IP like this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

They agreed to CLOSE the investigation for 3 games? How does the rest of the conference feel about that?

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Bruce lied about a bbq and got a show cause.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

JMU is a decent school.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Feels like it's time for everyone to ramp up their sign stealing programs. 3 game suspension for the head coach in exchange for a big advantage in a couple of seasons worth of the games is a helluva trade for Michigan.

Indy and NorrisAlan like this.