Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it is

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If his last name wasn’t Beamer is there any chance he gets that job? Has that type of logic ever worked?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was Spurrier's right hand man, that has more to do with it than last name, I believe. I still don't think it's going to work

IP likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think in this case, if you can believe it, it has virtually nothing to do with his name. his name may have helped him be an assistant at Scar, but apparently he is super popular with former players and some fans back in 2010. it has been a thing for a decade. And nobody in the sec gives a shit or respects Virginia tech, any more than they would Boston college or maryland.

InVolNerable and justingroves like this.
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Satterfield currently giving a course on how NOT to engage with media and answer questions.

justingroves likes this.
  7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Link? I love a good coach meltdown.

8. CardinalVol

I'm following on Twitter.

So far in his CYA presser from flirting with SC, he's said -

1. That there's a difference between players and coaches because coaches have families and players should be "all in" at their school, and

2. Said that if UNC or NC State opened up he'd show interest because it was closer to home.

9. InVolNerable

Haha, "Coaches have wives and kids...". Umm, plenty of players have wives, and even more have kids.

The whole struggling to get his words and hard swallows while trying to recover says it all. He knows he's full of shit.

justingroves likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

asinine. what is true for a coach should be what he teaches his players. if looking out for career is part of it, that's fine but hold everyone to that standard and structure what you do towards that. if "all in" is your thing, teach things that way. Career for me with the nice salary and "all in" for my players looking to start a career? wow, [uck fay] off.

InVolNerable likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

Meeeeeeeechigan is canceling today's media availability. Personally, I think we should just let A&M and OSU play on Saturday and be done with it. A play in game if you will.

TennTradition likes this.
  12. CardinalVol

13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

If you can't beat 'em, fake COVID to screw 'em.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I will laugh my ASS off if this keeps fOSU out of the damn championship game.

15. CardinalVol

Honorary B1G member UMass will be announced at any time this week.

16. NorrisAlan

"The Game is on! Your Ohio State Buckeyes vs eastern Michigan!"

justingroves likes this.
  17. NorrisAlan

18. InVolNerable

justingroves likes this.
  19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

No chance they keep OSU out of the conference championship game. If they win it, no chance they are left out of the playoff.

20. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member