POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

pretty easy. if it isn't a hand shake you crossed the line. if it would be awkward to just grab someone's hand to shake it when it hadn't been offered, why would the same not be even more true with hugs, kisses, or other touches. [uck fay] him for his "I am Italian" defense. I don't think he ever kissed man on the face at work.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Gotta practice the Keanu Reeves rule.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ben Shapiro does it too.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He does. It's very smart for someone like Ben, or anyone who is strongly disliked by a large group of people.

It's also kind of sad that it's needed, but I guess that's just the way it is.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not famous but I am not touching anyone anywhere that isn't specifically offered. If there is a picture being taken, I align my shoulders behind the shorter person. If someone is wanting to get in close, they can do so but my hands will not be on them or arms around them. 99% of the time it would not be a problem, but why not make it 100%?

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We talked about this in the Biden thread, but I don't want to divert attention away from Afghanistan, so I'm posting this here. If you want to reference that discussion, it's on page 100 of the Biden thread and starts with post 1996 from VD.

This Malcolm Nance dude is just a liar. Here's your proof:

Nance claims that Shapiro "denied that there were 40,000 people at the Trump rally." He goes on to say it was "complete denial" of the event. Shapiro never said that. Here's the link to this piece of Maher's show, so you can see how much of a liar Nance is:

Nance clearly mentions 40,000 people laying siege to the Capitol (not just at the rally, like he tried to say in the other video). Obviously, and as he should, Shapiro took issue with Nance's claim that 40,000 people attempted to lay siege to the Capitol. He said "40,000 people did not assault the Capitol. That's just factually inaccurate. There were maybe 1,000 people. That is not making light of the evil of those people, who all will end up rotting in prison, as they should."

Shapiro has been extremely anti January 6th and everything that went down that day, but he has taken significant issue with people like Nance trying to conflate the people who took action that day with the entire Trump voting base / Republican party. There are tons of Republicans out there who were disgusted with January 6th and believe it should have never happened. There are tons of TRUMP SUPPORTERS out there who were disgusted with January 6th and believe it should have never happened.

I also wonder how many people have formed their negative opinions of Shapiro based on lies from people like Nance. I wouldn't like Shapiro either if I thought he was denying that 40k people were at that Trump rally, because he'd be lying. And if all I watched was people like Nance, I might think Shapiro that.

VolDad likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

It simply isn't Shapiro's style. And you know I am not a fan. Wildly inconsistent with his POV.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't understand what you're saying. What isn't Shapiro's style?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

supporting Jan 6 silliness. I don't believe he did because that just isn't his style.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Ah, okay. Yeah, no, he was vehemently against it. Said from the beginning it was some of the worst imagery he's seen in America since 9/11 and that every single person who assaulted the Capitol should rot prison. But again, he has significant concern with democrats/media trying to paint the picture that every republican/Trump voter agrees with/falls in line with/is one in the same as those who assaulted the Capitol that day. And it's just not true.

Nance is basically saying Shapiro is a big part of "Step 2" of the big lie, which is denial. Dude's completely full of shit.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have a problem painting every conservative as being complicit or of that ilk as well, because it clouds that that there is a real extremism issue. It would be like acting as if every liberal person is a member of Antifa. We get nowhere.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

15. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

my wife's last day is tomorrow after 15 years. new job starts in a couple weeks

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Also a lot of people about to retire, too.

SetVol13, HCKevinSteele and gcbvol like this.
  19. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

My company has really messed up underestimating the extent to which it is. And it’s gonna be really bad for them for a little while. Generally speaking they can’t/won’t make up for increased attrition through external hiring so it’ll just be misery for those who stay, which leads to more leaving…

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021