POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

They are snapshots. All kinds of false narratives can be created in a snapshot. You're the one posting them, tell me what's going on there.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

lol funny thing is of all the posters here, I’ve probably been to more than anybody. It was a common occurrence with a group of friends for a few years. Many years ago. Place in Nashville on Church Ave named Tribe had them all the time

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was it sexual in nature?

4. Ssmiff

I googled “inappropriate drag shows for children”. Just being honest.

IP likes this.
  5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

And that's fine. They're not for everyone. I simply think a lot of folks have this idea of what's going on and they may be way off course.

SetVol13 and IP like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

7. Ssmiff

man they are are sexual to me. They are coming out to be sexy. Crowd cheering. It wasn’t a talent show coming out with the harmonica.
    You’ll find often very pretty straight women enjoy the atmosphere as they don’t have men in cowboy hats groping them like downtown on Broadway. I just like to people watch. And got some free drinks because I’m cute. So I was told. Often

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've never been but my wife and sisters went to one in Miami during her bachelorette weekend. I don't think I'd bring a child to a booze-based event at all, and that includes a drag brunch. But I don't know where the line is with policing parenting exactly when it comes to content-viewing.

9. Ssmiff

Like I said I don’t mind any of it but if I’m going I’m gonna be drinking and prolly a bite of gummy. I won’t be eating brunch.

10. gcbvol

There is quite a variety. Some are quite adult, but you'd only see those in certain gay clubs - no children allowed. Others are more PG13. For example we saw the Jinkx & Dela holiday show in Tampa this past holiday season and it was much more subdued. A few adult-themed jokes and such, but not sexual at all. Very fun and no children there, btw.

11. gcbvol

Lots of Bachelorette parties at drag shows. Lots.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think it’s more of white women on social media virtue signaling issue.

My gay friends seem to think it’s [uck fay]ing crazy people bring kids to shows too.

justingroves and SetVol13 like this.
  13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Ok, but I'm just saying, I've seen a bunch of people post "this is horrific" pictures of these drag shows recently only to go to the original video to find something far different was going on. Just yesterday I saw this from a guy who had a picture of a kid with a man in drag showing the kid putting his mouth near the dude's junk at a show in Chicago. Turns out it was actually in Argentina and the kid was the guy's son, leaning into the guy's leg because he was shy. So, context.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Someone wants to read age appropriate material to children in the Library then go for it.

Someone wants to take children to an inappropriate environment (i.e. bar) then they shouldn't; drag show or not.

Someone wants to take children to non sexualized drag show then have fun. Unless they are told, I suspect they think the entertainers are women in heavy makeup and flamboyant clothes.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

For many, men dressing as women will always be a sexual thing.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't understand the story time thing, but I don't have a problem with it.

17. gcbvol

I generally agree. I would be hesitant to take children to drag events, outside library story time. Mainly because, even if not sexual per se, there are usually some level of adult-themed/adjacent jokes. And sometimes the queens' names are a bit risque.

18. gcbvol

They're just characters. Kids love that kind of stuff. Again, think of another character like a princess, hello kitty, Dora the explorer or whatever. It's about making it more fun and entertaining for the kids. There is nothing sexual about it. They're colorful characters, that's it.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So these are crossdresser stories they are reading?

20. gcbvol

No, no. Just typical children's books. Now, they might sometimes read stories about diversity, but the books are definitely children level. No LGBT propaganda to be found.