POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That’s because ole Mike is a piece of donkey shit.

Like father, like daughter

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Who is saying every day that we should salute the rainbow flag? The boogeyman?

Feels like we have more officials calling for the end or sunset or whatever they want to call it of Medicare and SSI than we do for saluting the rainbow flag.

emainvol likes this.
  3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

“LGBTQ should have the same rights as everyone”

Unironically: “OMG WHY ARE YOU FORCING YOUR BELIEFS ON US.”

The Dooz likes this.
  4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

isn't raising the retirement age exactly what biden is criticizing the republicans for suggesting? and btw we should raise the retirement age. people are living longer and retiring later.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

What did Walter Mondale ever do to get lumped in with me?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Literally this. "All people should be equal under the law, but like does everyone have to be a person? Some of these people really shouldn't exist."

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don’t see it mentioned yet, so can someone explain to me why Tennessee needs to spend 100 million on crisis pregnancy centers when abortion is almost completely outlawed?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not exactly, he is referring to the blanket sunsetting stuff.

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

If they had just indexed social security to life expectancy the retirement age would be 74 and we wouldn’t have a social security problem. Good luck finding enough politicians that have the guts to do that though.

droski likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm fine with it if it is retroactive and 65 to 73 folks have to go back to work.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Those people are way too busy [itch bay]ing about student loan forgiveness to work

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Also, apparently Romney told Santos that he “didn’t belong” in the chamber before the SotU last night.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no one is voting to get rid of social security even if it has to be voted on every 5 years. guaranteed way to not get reelected.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that's exactly what should be done instead of having to vote on it. now people have to wait 6 more months to get social security than people did 15 years ago.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

But they will chip at the edges and curb it for specific groups. Like raising it to 70 or 74.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the retirement age needs to be raised.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Start with those at that age.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it would likely be for future retirees

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh I know. Everything gets shoved downward. I'm saying if it is good for the goose, it is good for the gander. If it needs to happen, it should happen effective for everyone.

SetVol13 likes this.
  20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Politicians won’t ever have to rely on SS. We set crooked lying piece of shit politicians up for life.