POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Having a fairly favorable overall opinion of a nationally known politician who is a key player in the upcoming election = simping now. Got it. lol

I'm actually gravitating more towards Ramaswamy over Desantis since you seem concerned about my current 24 GOP primary thoughts. He almost assuredly has zero chance but will help make the entire conversation more interesting and vibrant on that side of political equation. But yea if it comes down to a Trump vs Desantis fight by the time the Tennessee primary rolls around, this ex-two time Trump voter will be pulling a lever for DeSantis. Much better candidate for the 2024 General Election and it's not even close frankly.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Were I on a debate stage with Desantis, I'd get him going on drag queens and then challenge him to take off his shoes and show he isn't wearing insert heels.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Wait, the argument where you told me that John Fetterman would be fine health wise and ridiculously-yet predictably-called me an awful person for daring to express my disbelief that someone who couldn't even speak was running for Senate? Yea buddy, you sure nailed that one it looks like!

Otherwise the statement that I said "Uni, you are going to get the 2022 elections wrong" is nothing but a goofy lie. Although technically you did get "the 2022 elections wrong" because you definitely were on record here before the midterm election predicting that Reps would take back both chambers of congress. Not that you are in the minority there with that failed prediction of yours. I do however remember incorrectly predicting the final outcome for a few hours on election night the final outcome of the NV and AZ Senate races. But that's about it. Oh shucks. Full stop with the revisionist history

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
  4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Oh it’s not “almost assuredly.” Ramaswamy has roughly the same chance that I have of winning the GOP nod.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Yep, its because a Republican governor (the party that's supposed to be pro-business) used his office to personally attack and punish a company because they had the audacity to publicly air a milquetoast disagreement on his "Don't Say Gay" bill. Which as it just so happens is currently in process of being expanded to all of K-12. Something that he and his ilk assured us would never happen as it was about protecting small children.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Trump machine in Mar-a-Largo is already starting the Ron is a closeted homo thing.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Honestly, the contents of this post is highly likely to be proven true ultimately. But he is very interesting and communicates his out-of-the-box brand of conservatism pretty well. I expect he will help elevate the overall conversation in the upcoming GOP primary. Maybe he lays the foundation for a career in national politics down the road along the way.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Maybe Trump will say “gay” and they can prosecute him

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Hopefully he does actually so we can forever put to bed the silly progressive myth that saying "gay" will get you handcuffed in Florida now once absolutely nothing at all happens.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I think that the progressive myth that saying “gay” will get you throw in jail in Florida is a conservative myth, to be fair.

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Hence the progressive moniker "Don't Say Gay" branding. Lol. Politics, man

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

The truth is DeSantis is where he is only because of Trump. His entire capaign was "I love Trump", "I'll do what Trump does". He was outclassed in debates by Andrew [uck fay]ing Gillum and still barely won.

Republican friends, he isn't it. He's not who/what you think he is.

SetVol13 likes this.
  13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

And after 4 years of being in office he went from winning an election by a few thousand votes to winning by 1.5+ million votes in a state the magnitude of Florida. Pretty impressive run politically speaking if you ask me.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, please stop, Mr. "Fetterman is disastrous for the Dems". I could rehash the conversation about how his illness would impact the election, but, in the end, this would require you to be an honest broker about it and we all know you aren't really willing to do that sort of thing.

15. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

True. He has done a lot to turn Florida from purple to red. But unless he can show he is something more than a culture warrior, he's going nowhere beyond Florida. And Trump is a big problem for him as he put him where he is. Maybe he surprises, but I think Trump crushes him.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The insane lionizing and gaslighting this country was presented of the Andrew Cuomo and Gavin Newsome's of the world as being the gold standard of political leadership during the heart of the Pandemic while simultaneously depicting DeSantis as Satan for how he was handling Covid in Florida was a terrible political gamesmanship calculation. The baseless Ron attacks for his Covid handling by "the other side" made him a political rockstar.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, and the people pointing out he won in a re-election landslide don't realize he ran against a former Republican in Scott, who was widely disliked, or at best uninspiring, to Dems in Florida. He's not very good on his feet and has the personality of a doorknob. If he's going to beat Trump, it's almost assuredly because Trump gathered too much baggage for even Republicans to stomach (Or simply shows his age) because, if he has to go toe to toe with the Orange One, he's going to have problems.

I think his shot at the nomination is decent, but he's not quite what his hype is making him out to be.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

"Uni, you are going to get the 2022 elections wrong"-something I quite literally never even said. Why lie like that? So dumb. Your official prediction for the midterms was that Reps would take back both chambers of Congress. Which happened to align with my predictions for the last midterms ironically. Or am I lying about that?

You also said repeatedly in summary that "Fetterman was going to be just fine health wise" both before and after his election. I can find and pull up the exact quotes if really needed. You clearly aren't being an "honest broker" here yet have no problem whatsoever putting the onus on me to be an "honest broker" as if you are one yourself? Lol. Richly classic and peak political discourse version of Uni here. Never lose the sanctimony, it's what makes you special.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Trump is the odds on favorite no doubt. Will be tough to usurp him in the GOP. Just think deep down progressives/lefties are actually more concerned about their 24 general election outlook if Ron does get the nomination ultimately. Beating Trump in 24 would be a cake walk. Ron DeSantis? To me it seems like lefties are expressing zero interest or desire to want to actually test out his general election capabilities. Operating under the assumption it's ultimately a two horse race here, it feels like many progs/libs hope the GOP nominates a "threat to democracy" like Trump over Ron for whatever reason even though they swear Ron *definitely* is not electable in their eyes outside of Florida.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it is Biden or harris, dems are beatable

ole_orange and gcbvol like this.