POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

So what happens in the US if TSA nabs you with bullets? Anything? It would seems kinda absurd if you could get in real trouble for that but if you’re caught with a knife in your bag you can walk it back to your car or toss it.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm guilty of having a few in my bag.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

You get in trouble but nothing like 10 years in prison.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Do your own research

5. HCKevinSteele

First thing I found was a bunch of people saying it happened to them and nothing happened. Asked a couple questions, forfeit the ammo, move along.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's what's happened to me, my dumbass has done it twice

7. HCKevinSteele

I’ve done the knife twice. Felt so dumb both times.

TSA: Got anything in here (Dopp kitt) that will stick me?

Me, an idiot: Nope!

TSA: Immediately pulls my favorite Kershaw I thought I’d lost out of the side pocket

justingroves likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Well that’s a lie. Menedez has been told to resign by most of the democrats.

IP likes this.
  11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Doesn't say asked to resign.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Well you cant be forced to resign.

What he probably means is there hasn’t been a vote for expulsion. Which there absolutely should be and it should have been done long ago. 31 democrats have indicated they would back such a vote but apparently there aren’t enough republicans to back it to reach the 67 vote threshold to get it through. But everyone should be put on the record where they stand.

IP, justingroves and SetVol13 like this.
  13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Where do you get that? The votes would be there to expel him.

Republicans did the right thing with Santos.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

The difference is that these guys will be gone for sure, whereas Republicans have looked the other way on Trump's kids' profits while he was in office, his own profits from China and others while in office, and have nominated him for President again even while knowing he withheld above Top Secret materials and bragged about them to random people visiting his house.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Because 31 democrat senators have called for his expulsion while 0 republicans have. So clearly they can’t find 36 republicans to vote him out. If the votes were there it would have happened as it takes a super majority to do it and that super majority would bypass any attempted procedural hurdles.

The Republicans say it’s for democrats to decide while ignoring the required vote threshold. In other words they campaign on it while doing absolutely nothing to address the problem. A tale as old as time.

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It would be an awkward vote for several democrats and republicans. So Mitch keeps everyone in line on his end to avoid the vote. Which ends up covering for the dems that don’t want to publicly vote no.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If New Jersey had a republican governor, Mitch pushes for a vote.

IP likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think I was the first person on here to post about Menendez and said he has to go. And he will.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The Republicans are saying it's their vote to call since it's their party. If they call I would bet the Republicans will vote to have him expelled. Isn't there 51 democratic senators? Republicans were able to get in done for Santos and even lost a seat doing the right thing.

How many senators are on record saying they won't vote to expel?