Ranking Butch in the SEC

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by warhammer, Dec 8, 2012.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So where does the new coach rank in the SEC?

Who does he outrank? I would currently put him ahead of Stoops, but behind Freeze. That's my bottom three based on what they've done so far. Stoops has done nothing as a head coach, and I fear he will do nothing but run back to his brother's teet in the end after taking the KY job.

2. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

Are you including coordinators and GA's? Seriously I can't say yet, but speculating near the bottom. Hope he proves me bad wrong.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

No, just head coaches, and I forgot about Malzahn. I would probably put him just ahead of Gus, but barely.

I'm also thinking right now in this moment. I think he has the potential to climb ahead of a few or fall behind.

4. CoachCorey

CoachCorey New Member

Way too early

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

And why is that?

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'd have Malzahn even with Freeze followed by Jones then Stoops.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You have to give him the benefit of the doubt and your full support or you aren't a true fan.

8. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

good lord

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You left out, "I'll hang up and listen."

10. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

That's funny. I don't care who you are.

11. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

He's in the bottom 2-3 in my opinion, which is a complete embarrassment for a program like UT. Of course, by the end of his tenure here that may be how the program is viewed.

12. JayVols

Sorry.

I'm not good at playing the part of blind follower.

13. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

I am good with him being above Stoops, Mahlzahn and Freeze at the start, simply because he has been winning OK on the Big East level as a HC. I think Mahlzahn may go past him quickly since he picked up Ellis Johnson as DC. Good recruits know what they are getting with those two - nothing to prove.

14. JayVols

If you're commenting on my post, you missed the sarcasm.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Two in a row called in to a local station here out of b'ham yesterday on my drive home from work crowing about how proud they were, how all Tennessee fans need to get behind him, and how they were so happy because "he wanted to be here". I was so pissed I beat the shit out of my steering wheel. Oh, and both said, "I'll hang up and listen."

16. JayVols

There's lots of folks that "want to be here". That's a very low standard to set.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

No doubt. One even trotted out the "real fans" moniker. I had forgotten that.

18. JayVols

Enabling is not very "true fanish" imo.

19. CoachCorey

CoachCorey New Member

Too early because he has not even coached a game yet. I bet we all had James Franklin at the bottom when he was hired too...

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So what you are saying is that you are blindly all in and won't participate in anything that exposes the hire for what it is? Let me guess. We should all get behind him like true fans? Go Vols?