POLITICS Roll v Wade II

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, May 16, 2019.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why exactly do you guys think stillbirths are rare in the modern age? This is a medical procedure with many purposes.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Bruh, that is a set up for civil war. Pray it doesn't come to this. I do however believe that most federal laws could and should be left to the state and the people within that state to decide. It wouldn't solve everything, in fact, at this point it would cause even more dissension as it would continue the fall in the Us vs Them that we find ourselves in.

5. GahLee

Why are men living 30 years longer than men who lived 100 years ago?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Life expectancy has increased due to less infant mortality, childhood fatal disease, and death during childbirth. And now there is the existence of things like antibiotics.

There have been centenarians throughout history. It's the lowering of deaths from 0-40 that are making life expectancy go up. The Hurons and other northern Native American groups had lifespans in the 60's prior to European contact.

The availability of abortion has a direct effect on life expectancy-- because life expectancy is calculated at birth. Just like I am sure you wouldn't consider a fetus conceived in an immigrant detention center to be an American citizen, right?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you like conspiracies, go look who started the modern US civil war talk more than 10 years ago.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Tell me more about this - I don’t think I’ve heard about it.

GahLee likes this.
  9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

But where they conflict, one must prevail.

And it has to be the Feds.

Or else, we’re no longer a nation, but a CO-OP.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm not exactly sure what he is referring to, but if I had to guess, it ends with Donald Trump being a Russian agent to bring about the end of the US. I'm not just being an ass saying that, but I'm skipping a lot of steps. I remember something about Russia putting information out there about a potential breakup of the state's. It was about 10 years ago I went down that rabbit hole. There was very little to it when I did, and obviously Donald Trump wasn't any part of it.

GahLee likes this.
  11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If this country splits over so called reproductive rights, it deserves to be spilt.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

it has split over autonomy issues before, so that's a weird thing to say.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Russian Intel report from 2006 or so predicting the us would fragment. it was roundly mocked then.

Tenacious D likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

you guess incorrectly, I was talking about what you are.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...b-analyst-predicts-balkanization-of-us/58945/

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's the same thing I remember from a few years back. It was kind of entertaining to read. Some of the fringe groups on the right got excited about it. I was wondering if some of their doppelgangers had picked it up and started drawing lines to Trump.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I can't see any real valid comparisons between our current political divisions and what happened in the Balkans.

17. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

It’s getting to the point where we’re only a nation in the legal sense anyway... culturally, socially and politically we have been growing ever more divided with each passing year. If we continue down the “Us vs Them” path it will lead to disaster. Hopefully folks will see that and the moderate voices in both parties will start to regain their standing.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t think there’s any way we just regional off and give more rights to states.

I think that ship sailed a long long time ago.

GahLee likes this.
  19. GahLee

I find myself conflicted on how to really view our culture. I see some pretty radical shit going on when I get on social media but in my everyday life, I see next to zero of that.

Bless the South, I guess?

Anyone here live in social hotbed where some of this takes place?

20. GahLee

Absolutely, barring an overthrow of the government, the people aren't getting that power back.