RUMOR on VQ: Joe Jackson to Transfer to Tennessee

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by gorockytop101, Dec 31, 2011.

1. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

So what should have happened LV and what's your rationale?

2. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Joe Jackson and Barton should have both received technicals. Washpun's iffy, but I can understand giving him one as well. As for Washpun getting a flagrant for that foul, either you didn't watch the replay or have no clue what you're talking about. Jackson very, very clearly jumps into Washpun initiating the contact. In the NBA, that's an offensive foul to begin with, most definitely not a flagrant on the defensive player.

So, ultimately, I think there is absolutely no way Jackson should have escaped not getting a technical, especially considering the refs went and watched the replay.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

4. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Were you trying to cover the spread? Even if all that happens you get two free throws. If they give two cheap techs to Barton and Jackson then they have to eject Tatum from running onto the floor without being beckoned in the game.

As for even remotely claiming that that would have been an offensive foul, thats some ridiculous shtt right there. I also officiate college basketball and talked to one of the officials there last night since we work in a conference together. They originally went to the monitor to determine if it was a flagrant and to determine what happened after the whistle. You are higher than a moon bat if you think thats an offensive foul in any realm of basketball.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

If you officiate college basketball, you're pathetic at it. Joe Jackson initiated the contact; on no planet is that a flagrant foul by the defense. I don't give a shit who you "talked to" about it. The Tatum running onto the floor shit was started by your announcers, and you're simply repeating that stupid refrain. The rules speak to running onto the floor from the bench, not from the scorer's table. And, yes, in the NBA if you jump into someone initiating the contact, it's an offensive foul by rule. Example: I pump fake someone get them in the air, and then jump into them to force a foul. That's an offensive foul in the NBA. That's essentially the exact same thing that Joe Jackson did.

6. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Entering the game without being beckoned by an official is illegal participation and grounds for a technical foul. No? Im not sure how you can accurately judge my officiating since you have never seen a game or know me for that matter. Your ass is just chapped from last night. Im done with this topic. We can just agree to disagree.