Season Tickets and Parking Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by The Dooz, Sep 8, 2023.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Got the email last week offering me a 10 month payment plan on my renewal for 2024 season tickets so obviously that was a no brainer renewal. Currently in the lower section of ZZ15, on the bleachers, so I might even upgrade to the lower level now!

Email was conveniently sent almost minutes after we blew out UVA.

Also the new parking rules, I’m not even going to try to explain this one, so here’s the link:

https://www.tennesseefund.org/2024-football-parking/

Discuss if you’d like.

2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yeah, the timing of the email was classic.

Given that they raised prices for next year (for some, pretty substantially), I can see why they expanded the payment plan term.
    For some, it will keep them renewing.

My chair seats, undercover in YY did not go up too much. At least not enuff to need a 10 month payment plan. I will keep mine as long as I am physically able and/or if the kids/grandkids are interested when I'm not.

I never got parking, so I did not pay attention to it. My years of season tix longevity never got me premium spots worth giving up my retail parking/tailgating.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah, mine barely went up too. I only have a one single solitary season ticket. I got tired of trying to find somebody to go during some of the leaner years so when I decided to get back in the season ticket game this year, I said [uck fay] it, I’m going solo. Wife was thrilled.

So I didn’t really need the payment plan either but if you’re offering me free credit I’m taking it.

4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Understand. I've had 4 tix, a good 10 years pre-'98. I moved to YY9 in '97. I kept them through covid. Wife and I donated them that year and got our names on the "Gave their All" plaque in Neyland.

Party deck blew up our YY9 seats and they moved us to YY6. I downgraded to 2 seats, I think the Gump's last year?, mainly because I could not get 3 people to go during Jones/Pruitt years. It sucked driving over the mountain during that time.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I’m in ZZ12. I wouldn’t have gotten them again but I was able to get actual seats. We only got 2 this year but probably going to go to 4 next year so I probably need to pay more attention to this than I am.

6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yeah, the real chairs and roof were worth it. At least for us old people. Plus a lot of Lettermen (all sports) sat up there. Lettermen never had to make the donation. Just the ticket cost.

Originally the $500 donation/seat for them was worth it with the 80% tax deduction until it got taken away in 2017. If Danny had not reworked the cost + donation structure, there would have been alot of non-lettermen cancellations. At least I would have not renewed at the old $1000 ($500+$500) per without the tax deduction. My cost got lowered by $400 per seat, so I kept 2. I wish, now, that I had kept 4.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Renewal period is thru the end of the month. Before you checkout they ask you a bunch of questions -contact info, are interested in moving, adding seats, where. I filled it all out so I assume somebody is going to call me.

8. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I got rid of my 4 season tix the day after the Butch/Worley Florida game. Never been as pissed as I was at the end of the 3rd quarter. Knew what was coming and left the game.
    Just got 4 tix for UTSA. Leave 7 AM, dinner after and back home around midnight. Hadn’t looked at hotels in awhile. $900/night downtown Knoxville seems excessive. Cheapest one near is red roof papermill for $225 and the reviews are so bad you’d think they are made up, so I’ll grab a coffee and drive back instead.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not sure that is a good game to go to. We might drop that one.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

At least it’s not an early start. And depends on Florida. We win at UF it will be pretty rowdy.

zehr27 likes this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They haven’t looked very good so far

13. JohnnyQuickkick

I’ll be there too.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Neither have we

15. JohnnyQuickkick

Well in the case of both not looking great I feel pretty good about us head to head

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Naaaah

Poppa T likes this.