SEC Film Room featuring UT will be on at 11:30 tonight

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorthGaVol, Nov 5, 2014.

Tags:
  1. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

On the SEC Network. I figured you guys would be looking forward to this one.

Bajakian and Dobbs will sit down with David Greene and break down film from the South Carolina game.

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for Baja's analysis of the wildcat reverse to Pig at the 1 yard line.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

"It worked" is about the only acceptable answer

3. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

I would legit lol if Bajakian deadpanned that answer if asked about the call.

4. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Thank you.

I was vilified on TOS for saying that play was awful and that Bayjay's play calling inside the red zone defies logic.

5. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

It worked but that was such a boneheaded call in that spot imo. Could've very easily been a disaster.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was ballsy playcalling. I hated it, but Hurd had been stuffed a few times going up the gut, so hey, why not try something different.

A play that develops 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage probably wouldn't have been what I would have called, though.

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Yeah, if you look at our redzone scores in the game it was two QB draws from a few yards out, that option reverse, and a rollout into a blitz with busted coverage on Croom. No success at all with power in close, whatever you want to make of that.

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Outside worked a lot.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If only we had some really fast and athletic QB to run a bootleg on a one man route.

10. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

I calculated he ran a total of 36 yards with the ball on that play. Got the ball at the 6 at the near side hashmark, ran diagonally to the 11 to the farside 10 yard marker and cut to the endzone.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Uh, I wasn't even online here then but I can safely assure you the vast majority of regulars here think that call was absurd. Even though it worked, it is still absurd.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yep.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That is all about the offensive line saying "we are moving you two yards backwards, get ready" and our guys just cannot do that. We cannot power run for a yard. We have to do some trick plays in that situation, but I don't think a reverse sweep end around jet fly pattern that takes 12 seconds to run is the best option there.

I am just glad Pig had booster rockets in his ass to get around that corner.

14. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Would not mind seeing Dobbs run the ole goaline bootleg Peyton ran against Bammer...

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I wanted something that didn't go straight up the middle.

it was that, at least.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Play action (with Hurd) rollout for Dobbs with a run/pass option(WR skinny post or slant to clear any man coverage/"rub" defenders- TE drag- H-back or slot influence block OLB to flag), imo.

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I didn't think you believed in WR rubs?

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Only when my team is on offense do I approve.

Plus, if they let you get away with it, you're stupid not to do it.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Staple of oregon's offense and I can't remember the last time anyone threw a flag. Their offensive line also holds on every play. The lesson learned is cheat on every play and they won't call it.