SEC Power Rankings Week 1

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 5, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

These should be taken with less than a grain of salt after one week. Using very broad paramaters to rank.

They look as good as ever class

1. Bama

Oh crap, they actually look like they have a functioning offense, keep an eye on them class

2. LSU

Slightly ahead of the others but not sure by how much class

3. Georgia
    4. Auburn

Beat another Power 5 opponent thus get bonus points but didn't really impress class

5a. Tennessee
    5b. South Carolina

Beat a GOF school and in all honesty I'm ranking them off of Twitter reaction class

7. Vandy
    8. Arkansas
    9. Ole Miss
    10. Kentucky

Beat a FCS school so got negtive points class

11. Mississippi State

Beat and FCS school, gave up 500 yards offense, and required school/conference record offense days to win class (yes, I am in a glass house throwing stones)

12. Missouri

Wondering how long their fans start to think maybe it was their coach with that shark class

13. Florida

34 and Chavis memorial class

14. A&M

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like the ultimate UT thing to do would be fire Shoop and replace him with Chavis, offering some unbelievable amount of money. Then the entire staff is fired at the end of the 2018 season.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I could see bringing back chavis. I really could. Horror.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The stink of that UCLA game should be inescapable, but somehow he got rehired after his last UCLA debacle, so who knows.

5. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

Does UGA have a legit QB now that their main dude got knocked out?

I know I picked us to go 6-6 this year.... and we survived against Tech with minimal injuries (and none on the OL/DL).... but Jesus, I'm torn now because maybe it seems like even our 5-star hearts could maybe possibly beat UGA and UF and actually win the East...

I'm torn because .... y'know... winning. And win I say "winning", I mean "in spite of Botch".

But winning keeps Botch in his current position.

Eeeeeejesus

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I don't think this is the most likely scenario, but it's possible we could win a lousy east with 2, or even 3, losses, then rematch Bama in the SECCG where Saban would see if he could beat us by a two game margin of 100.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

UGAs backup is probably the best QB in the conference.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

isn't he a true frosh?

so what do you guys think of ole miss? cal plays them next week. from what I can tell they have nfl talent, but bad coaching and execution on defense. and they may not give a crap.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Cal wins.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Cal probably wins

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I like the cut of your jibs. I bet someone wins 45-44. If ole miss' qb isn't as good as they say, then cal should win.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I honestly have no idea about the black bears. They may be top 3 in conference for all I know.