Shadow of Mordor

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Anybody played it? It looks like fun, but I've read it gets repetitive quickly. For anyone who has tried it, is it more of a rental game?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I bought it. Enjoyed it quite a bit. It is hard to explain the Nemesis system but it gets personal after the same bastard kills you the fifth time. It's pretty fun. It is a little repetitive after a while.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Do you ever play it from time to time, or is it a "once you're done, you're done" kind of game?

4. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Got it on black friday, it was neat for a few days. All in all I regret the purchase, if its your type of game its probably good, but its pretty much find and kill a bad guy, watch a cut scene, rinse, repeat.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

I'm a big fan of the Tolkien universe so I'll probably pull it out again from time to time. But I can see where it might be a rental.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm a fan of the series as well, but it sounds like a rental to me. Similar to assassin's creed.

Still sounds like it'll be a lot of fun for a few days though. Will probably be the first game I go for after I get a little tired of Unity and Halo.

7. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I'll sell it for 15 + shipping.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wow, that sounds like a decent deal. Are you in tennessee? I'm down here for the weekend, so the shipping may not even be necessary. Maybe we could even kill a few beers in my car or something.

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I've been playing this game for a week or so and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's very Assassin's Creedish so if you like that type of game I think you would like it.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Finally got the game, and it's a lot of fun. I was pleasantly surprised by the depth of the combat. I love taking advantage of every little detail (one of my favorites is shooting fleeing captains in the leg with an arrow to pin them to the ground so they can't run), and once you practice the sword fighting, it's a blast. I do wish the higher end captains and war Chiefs were a bit more difficult. It seems the only way the captains get stronger is when you die, which I rarely do anymore. I rarely see a captain higher than level 10 anymore, which is disappointing. I really enjoyed in the beginning of the game when running into certain captains (in the mid teens) would actually make me consider running away and at least worry I might die. At this point, any time I see a captain, I attack him regardless of his level or knowing his weaknesses. Killing them constantly is fun, but I miss being challenged.

The rivalries also set this game apart from other similar games. I love running into captains I've killed in the past that come back for revenge. It's really cool how they bring up how I got them the first time too. The whole system is just neat.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

Some of the ones you can't kill with combat finishers were a challenge for me but it was fun to figure out how to take them down

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The Intel appears so frequently and is so easy to obtain that I always know their weaknesses. I love the ones that require odd ways to kill. Blowing them up, catching them on fire, eating them with a carabor, etc. I'm surprised how many of them are weak to stealth finishers. I dropped down on a freakin war chief yesterday and brutalized him with three other captains right there. Lol

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hey JQK.. If I brand a captain, does he stay branded for good? Or does he go back to normal once I leave the area? Would love to leave some branded captains around, but I don't want to leave them alive if I will just have to fight them again later.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Never mind, figured it out.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

I just saw this...I couldn't remember anyway

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's all good, branding captains was intertwined in the main missions.

The best part about this is I bouht the game for $24 and can go trade it for like, $18 at GameStop.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Completed all the achievements, have one area completely full of branded captains and the other area completely empty of captains. I think I've completed pretty much everything this game has to offer aside from the DLC. Is there any way to get that stuff free? If not, I'm probably gonna sell the game.