Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

True. I’m looking forward to seeing what Pity can do.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah he pretty much retires after every tournament he plays in

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Considering he is blamed for every tournament Argentina doesn’t win, I can’t blame him

6. JohnnyQuickkick

He certainly doesn’t reach his Barcelona standard with Argentina. Probably lots of reasons for that

7. JohnnyQuickkick

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Pulisic starting for Dortmund today against Tottenham at Wembley.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Oh, he didn't report immediately to Chelsea? No wonder I haven't heard anything about him in the EPL.

10. Unimane

No, he was transferred and then loaned back for the season to Dortmund, which I was happy to hear. He is in position to win the Bundesliga and have a serious threat at the Champion's League title with this club. Favre seems to like others besides Christian, but today he's finally playing both Sancho and Pulisic together, his best winger attack duo. Pulisic needs to shine today. He should have some room to roam as Golden Boy Sancho will probably get most of the defensive attention from the Spurs.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

think he's gonna regret going to chelsea. jmo

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. Unimane

0-0, but Dortmund looking dangerous. Why haven't they played Sancho and Pulisic together more often?

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Because Favre plays shit football and only uses a prolific striker and two other attackers most of the time. If not for Alcacer and Witsel, Dortmund are trash this year. That's why they got bounced and why Pulisic should have [uck fay]ed off a long time ago. But he managed to [uck fay] off to a worse situation. It's alright, Weston McKinnie is starting to find real form and footing at Schalke where he can play a long time, and Tyler Adams is off to a rocket start at Leipzig. They're both more important players than Pulisic, and in the case of McKinnie, I feel better about his ceiling and versatility as a player.

[uck fay]ing loving that Morata is playing big time now that he got away from the shitshow at Stamford Bridge. Would take him at Bayern in a minute, would have taken him 3 months ago, would have taken him last year. Boy can play.

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

LOL, this was written like someone who's watched nothing of Dortmund all year. A serious threat at the Champions League? Are you [uck fay]ing kidding me? I saw that result coming a mile away, and I've barely watched anything this year. Dortmund have been in milquetoast form since they beat Bayern, and it's clear that Favre has prioritized the league, but his style of football isn't good enough, not against good sides. They invite too much pressure and rely too heavily on Alcacer, Sancho, and Witsel. They don't press like they used to, which is part of the reason why Pulisic fell out of favor. I could name at least 6 sides in Europe that would have torn them to shreds last week. They aren't a contender in the CL, and they're looking like they're gonna choke away the BL, too.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

Yeah I didn’t really want to say anything but Dortmund had about the same chance of winning it all this year as Milan

16. Unimane

Dortmund was excellent prior to the winter break, clicking on all cylinders, rolling through the Bundesliga and winning their group over Atletico Madrid. Being a threat to the Champions League wasn't too much of a stretch at the time Pulisic resigned for the second half of the season. Since the break, they've had a rough time and the Tottenham unraveling no doubt has them done for the CL this year. They still have only lost one match in the Bundesliga all season and that includes a home win over Bayern Munich.

17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Bayern's played like hot fetid shit all year and its almost March and we're only three points behind.

lylsmorr likes this.
  18. NorrisAlan

Lol spuds

The Dooz likes this.
  19. NorrisAlan

Let's go, Man Unit....*cough cough*

Excuse me.

Let's go, Man Unite....*gag cough gag*

Ugh, breakfast must not have sat well.

Let's go, Man...*BLEEEEEEERGH*