Some positives

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by cotton, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Rushing attempts for the game.

JG - 10
    Jordan - 7
    Gray - 7
    Chandler - 6
    Keyton - 1

Total - 31

Statistically JG didnt have a terrible game even tho he missed several plays.

The idea that our RBs got 20 carries and the clear cut 2 best players got it 13 times is astounding to me.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I'm not sure what I saw from the staff today, we subbed entirely too much. It really looked like a scrimmage. I would try to get Gray 15 touches a game. I would be fine with Tim Jordan never carrying the ball again. Chandler and Gray only, if you can afford to do it.

3. Beechervol

Going in I thought/hoped the front 3/4 could hold up well enough to let the LBs get down hill and make some plays.

The DL got blowed up and the LBs were on their heels and out of position the whole game.

Hard to explain

4. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Its embarrassing.

Tenacious D likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

The coaches are outsmarting themselves. Pick your guys. Get a lead. Don't play musical chairs all game.

GahLee likes this.
  6. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

They [uck fay]ed around and it is obvious. They paid the price. Good news is, we are (0-0) in SEC play.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  7. Beechervol

Painful lesson.

If that continues what little hope I have will disappear.

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'm supposed to go to UGa game.

I just hope we can get it sorted out by then and give them a game.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Cotton im afraid you will be joined by 35 or 40k ga fans

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Only positive that I can see is that as of now I have seen 0 seconds of 2019 Tennessee football, and the team likely isn't going to be important enough for networks to cut into other games with the highlights other teams rack up against them every week. Unless someone pulls a Joe Adams. Still, I think I can count on 0 seconds live action, under 60 of replays?

11. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Well I’m pissed and we suck..... I don’t know why I thought UT would be immune to the growing pains that accompany coordinator changes. The substitution that drew the flag ultimately cost UT the game. That was full tater....cornbread special.

12. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Another masterful plan by Bama getting Pruitt hired as HC. First the Lesbian and now this guy.

NorrisAlan likes this.