Some thoughts about Montana and the season...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanjo, Sep 9, 2011.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I went to the game last Saturday and had a chance to watch the replay last night. Things I saw at second glance:

1. Channing Fugate punishes people. He will send someone to the hospital before it is all said and done. It's a bonus that he is as athletic as he is.

2. The defense is really quick. They were in the backfield a lot, but Montana did a good job avoiding the pressure. I think against more traditional offenses our defense will do very well.

3. If Couch can just push the guard and center around he will be worth all the attention. When he did that it made it difficult for Montana to do anything.

4. The running backs did a good job of getting through that first scrum, but rarely could get that second burst. I think that was partly Montana's scheme, but it worries me that we don't have someone that can take it to the house after bursting through the hole.

5. Some folks have already said it, but they could have scored seventy if they just threw it all night. Hunter is close to impossible to defend.

I am uneasy about tomorrow, but I think something like 31-21 Vols.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good stuff, hope you're right.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I really think we'll score at least 40.