Spurrier Retiring

Discussion in 'Sports' started by yont sum iss?, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I think it will be hard for Kiffin to overcome the gas pumping comment to get the USCe job.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I despised him and Florida in the 90's. I grew up listening to how much we hate Alabama, but then Tennessee routinely kicked their ass.

As I've gotten older, I learned to enjoy him. He played the villain and loved it. I also got to meet him and he's a great guy.

I told him him when I met him, 13 year old me would have punched you. He laughed and said blame Phil.

3. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I'd take Kiffin. My ultimate fear is that they will promote from within because they seem to be tight with the funds.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You guys can do better.

5. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Well, I guess we know who is going to be the first program knocking on Justin Fuentes' door.

6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Perfect time for Dantonio to go back home. I'd much rather compete with Dabo for state supremacy than Harbaugh.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's actually not a bad idea. I could see that happening.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I still think my favorite thing about him was that he called Michael Wilbon, "Wil-bin"

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I bet he took a lot of hits in Tampa Bay. Hope he isn't starting to decline mentally. I'm having a hard time seeing why he would totally step away midseason otherwise, though.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

So far we have 4(?) openings...

USC
    MARYLAND
    ILLINOIS
    SAKERLINA

Rank em in order. I'd go with the order I have above only flipping Illinois and Sakerlina... Maryland has a lot of HS talent in the area. USC is clearly the plum job but whither Miami?? If Golden gets the axe, what then?

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

At the end of the day it's entertainment

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

And watching him go out, tail tucked, in entertaining as hell. Karma is a real mother****er.

13. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

+1

Penetrate him.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Maryland and Illinois are shit jobs

15. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

This. Never thought I'd be able to add "quitter" to his resume.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Yeah, I'd put USCjr at #2 right now. The only appeal Maryland has is being the Oregon of Under Armor.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Purdue and Miami will be added to the list.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You guys are wrong. Maryland is THE best job in college football. In fact, I wouldn't blame a coach that happens to be sitting at a school that is a historical power and loaded with talent decided to walk away and take the Best Job in America. And take his Best Staff in America with him.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Which isn't much at all

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Then Miami and USCjr are 2/3, with the edge going to Miami.

I agree.