Suck It, Droski.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by LawVol13, Jan 19, 2014.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is exactly where I am.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Free agency and fantasy sports has put a real damper on team rooting in this country. You used to know your team inside and out, but now, it completely changes every 3 years.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think you'd get a lot of people arguing with you on that.

Deacon Jones was the best pass rusher of all time

4. NorrisAlan

After the second or third forearm to your head, you would start seeing two of him and would only block him 50% of the time.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I actually argued that exactly a year or so ago and was slammed.

6. NorrisAlan

Anytime you argue for someone that played a majority of their career pre-merger, most people are going to dismiss. People's memories are either non-existent of those days (like me, born in 69) or their bias is to the modern game.

I will argue to my dying days that Jim Brown was the best football player to ever live.

7. .

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

By who?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

don't remember. I look for the thread.

10. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Deacon Jones played in the NFL from 1961-1974, y'all must have a NFL films vintage viewing club, where you sit around and watch B&W footage from old NFL reels.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Probably me. LT is the greatest.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His PED was cocaine

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm just old.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Deacon Jones' PED was late 60s tackles.

15. NorrisAlan

And forearm slams to the side of the helmet :p

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

And menthols/coffee.

17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

the type of garbage excuse making coming from Boston would get Manning skewered. PM carried similar tripe to the AFC championship game multiple times to come away beaten and get eviscerated. It's not even a Manning thing for me. It's the lack of any consistency in evaluating the two football players. Brady is a great football player that flat out can't throw the ball down the field so they play another way because they have a brilliant coach who dissects defenses better than everyone else. Manning is a great football player who thrives on rhythm, timing and understanding defenses - disrupt that timing and he struggles.

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the discrepancy. You can't even get a semi-legit view of Brady's failures unless you read from heartbroken Bostonians.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Brady certainly threw down the field just fine when he had randy moss at receiver