Suppose we lose vs. Arkansas next week. Then what?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Will that be the tipping point? Has that point already been reached? Will Hart/Cheek continue to maintain status quo? We can already forget about UGa and Bama but if UT lays yet another turd next Saturday will Neyland be a ghost town two weeks from next Saturday?

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just wait a week and I'm sure you'll find out.

I don't think beating UGA is impossible. This staff has played with them pretty well.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

#MurderDeathKill

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Neyland goes to 60,000

5. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I've thought all off season we matched up well with Arky and still do. That being said, when you have a staff as incompetent as this one, anything is possible. This one will probably come down to which team has its' head in the game and not in last weeks game.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He's already been embarrassed by Malzahn, Freeze, Muschamp, and McElwain. Considering the historical irrelevance of Vandy and Kentucky he will have a strong claim for worst new hire in the last five years if he loses to Bielema. Honestly, he already does, but this will provide some hard proof. Too bad for Sumlin he never got to whip Butch's ass.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch will get booed during introductions Saturday

8. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

I'm just glad the campus has plenty of cranes on site.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No. The true fans will yell loud enough to drown out boos.

10. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

It will be interesting to see where the rest of the season goes IF we drop the Arky game.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

In all honesty, I don't think they lose.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm considering going to the game just to dog cuss the stupid son of a [itch bay] at the VolWalk.

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If he beats Arky, then UK becomes the potential back breaker. If he beats Arky and UK, the trip to Missouri could finish him.

I think 7-5 is best case. That should earn him an exit, but I'm not confident it would.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't think Jones will be able to function on Saturday, nor through the week. There will be chaos on the sidelines and half the team will have decided they chose to come play for a complete lunatic. I think we lose Saturday.

I take no happiness in making that prediction, but I imagine TN is in shambles right now.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Those folks I know on the facebook will delete my comment again because too many are just too afraid to see the truth.

16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I still think we fall apart and finish 4-8 or 5-7...

17. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Bielema strikes me as a brawler, getting punched in the head only makes him more eager to get back in the ring.

Botch will remind us that 28 players have never dressed agains a former SWC team before.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Arkansas is in bad shape too.

This should be a tight game. But if it's close in the 4th, it's hard to imagine Tennessee executing and putting a decent team away.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think Arkansas is a very big tipping point. Lose and the wheels come off. Win and there's a decent chance we still make some crap bowl game and someone in power decides we need to let Jones be crappy for awhile longer before we fire him.

20. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think the only thing that gets him fired this year is a losing record and even then I'm not so sure with this administration.