Syracuse and Pitt To Apply For ACC Membership.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Sep 17, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Looks like his AD finally listened to Boeheim's complaints about the idea of being in a possible 20 team basketball league.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think this would be a solid move for both those schools and the ACC. I do think this may tip off the mad grab of other conferences.

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

UCONN doesn't fit the ACC's academic profile and K and Roy don't much like Calhoun.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I wonder how TCU will feel about this. There's now way the Big East should still have an automatic bid.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Certainly improves things on the hardwood.

6. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Probably won't happen, but would be great if Marquette, DePaul, Georgetown, Providence, St John's, Seton Hall and 'Nova joined the A-10... or at least 'Nova, G'Town, St John's and Providence.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Part of me wonders if this proactiveness is to protect itself if the sec comes calling to schools.

Makes a awesome bball conference though.

8. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Agree. I really thought it would be a Big-10/ACC fight for these two schools. ACC was wise to be proactive and leaves the Big 10 with few attractive options for expansion.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My guess is at the end of the day the SEC isn't going to be content with 14 and will go to 16.

I'm sure you've all seen the reports that WVU is basically #14 once the A&M situation gets worked out. I can't imagine that there aren't a couple of ACC schools on the SEC's radar as well.

10. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Good point. The league certainly appears to be on strong footing. Have to wonder if this helps entrench Clemson, FSU, VT were the sec to gauge interest.