Tennessee Football as Entertainment

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MWR, Sep 23, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is true

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I've found it better to keep up with the games on the phone rather than watch... Watching this staff pose as football coaches is an excercise in frustration and I'm getting too old to waste three plus hours on my only real day off being pissed.

3. MWR

MWR Contributor

Let me put this in terms of running a business. I run a small business and one of the keys to survival is keeping my customers happy. So if I make a mistake on a job, I will make every attempt to fix it - sometimes I even fix the customer's mistakes. Otherwise the customer will become unhappy and take their business elsewhere. To much of this and I will be out of business.

Likewise from my standpoint, the Vols are putting a sub-standard product on the field. I understand that fans may be happy if the Vols scheduled a Pee Wee team and barely eked out a win. And I like to see the Vols win.

And I'm sure others like to see plays precisely executed, because football plays are a thing of beauty when the are executed properly. I'm not into either extreme, I just like to see the offense move the ball up the field and score and the defense consistently stop the other guys.

If I sold my customers a product of the quality that of the Vols this year, I'd be out of business in a hurry.

I'm guessing that the "BIG ORANGE" brand has a lot to do with this, but any brand can become tarnished.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Watching Botch's offense makes my beer taste bad

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I get what you are saying Mike, even when UT teams of the past were not contenders, the offense was fun to watch due to it's ability to move the ball. We had a scheme that kept defenses guessing and allowed a long line of running backs to develop here. Watching whatever Botch calls this clusterf**k of an offense just makes me aggravated.

6. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Being a Vols fan is bad for your health.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You've gotta go someway

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

"Jalen Hurd is probably going to leave here as the all-time leading rusher" is the justification for people trying to say our running game doesn't suck. I'd bet he's got the all time most carries by a wide margin, too.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They ran the everloving hell out of Foster too. I bet it will be close between the two and Hurd will still probably have a better YPC average than him too.

There are 12 games now instead of 11, so that will make a difference.

Now, the running game still sucks by design

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Imagine if he had one of the lines from the 90s to run behind

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Football is more than entertainment.

Football is a way of life. I've dedicated my life to it. Been involved in some form other than entertainment for the vast majority of my 44 years.

12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Ut started playing 12 in 2006.

13. MWR

MWR Contributor

Then you are probably one of those who likes to see plays executed perfectly. Where the players are where they need to be, when they need to be and do their job when they get there. Kinda like the gears in an old pocket watch all moving in sync. Therefore, henceforth and so forth, you probably do not find Butch's offense worth dedicating you life to. And not worth the price of admission.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It's the most god-awful looking monstrosity of an offense I think I've seen. It's worse than the Wing T.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was thinking it was 08 for some reason

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Highly entertaining. High comedy.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

As entertaining as putting your **** in a meat grinder.

18. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Butch Jones is the only coach that makes me mad when I watch. Even going back to year 1 when he ran the so called read option with Worley. The Dooley era was comical

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If that's the goal, hand'em all presents, and as they open them, kick each in the balls and slap their mother unconscious while yelling about "throw game focus".

Save them 4 hours.

(I go outside too, JG. In front of the kids, we always love Tennessee and are proud of them, win or lose. Or lose. And lose. And lose. And lose.)

20. MWR

MWR Contributor

The second half was entertaining, to say the least.