Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 615 Vol, Oct 19, 2011.

1. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Third week in a row the Titans game has ended with a final score of 23-17. That has to be a record.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Titans are going to need some help, I think. We need one team to emerge from the AFC West, and one from the AFC North. If those division races stay tight, we're probably screwed.

3. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

It's a good thing CJ has started to come around. They're going to need all the help they can get for a playoff spot. Defense looked surprisingly well yesterday. I know Buffalo doesn't have the best record, but their offense can put up some points.

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Surprised with the Titans this season. One could easily make the argument however, that the Titans should be 9-3, with the Jaguars and Bengals losses back.

i will say this, it looks as if the Titans have a chance to be very good next year. With a healthy Britt, confident CJ, O-line, and either Hasselbeck or Locker at qb, it looks as if the team could be good. The D will probably need some work. i have been impressed with Finnegan and the rookies on Defense.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It does look like they could be a good team but management always seems to screw it up.

McCarthy (the LB from Miami) and Ayers are pretty good LBs and the DBs aren't too bad either.

If Britt could stay healthy and out of trouble, the offense can be pretty good too. His injury may be a blessing in disguise because Damian Williams and Lavelle Hawkins have had to step up.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

To be a good team, the management would have to make a commitment to build on the current roster and not let any key cogs leave.

They tend to flip a good portion of the roster every year, though.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Locker came up short on 4th and 1 and it looks like the Titans are going to drop another one. If they don't come back, Houston clinches the division.

The Titans may have a small chance at the wild card, but I don't like our chances. We would need some help.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not so fast my friend

It's been a damn good game

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't like the Titans' wildcard chances, but this was the most difficult game left by far.

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Agreed, but the Jets are now a game up with 3 to play. They play two 4-8 teams and one 6-6 team. If the Titans at least managed to finish with the same record, I'm not sure what the tiebreaker would be. Maybe the Titans would get in with a better conference record?

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Shoulda ran twice earlier on the 3rd and 1 if need be imo.

12. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Locker made a couple really nice throws today that gives you a little hope.

But then every decent QB can make those throws, and more often.

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I like the potential Locker has shown. Sure, he's a little raw and is still antsy in the pocket but that will go away with more game experience. CJ failed to show up which is mind boggling considering the Saints rushing defense is one of the worst this year. If I'm not mistaken, Locker had more rushing yards than CJ.

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

[uck fay] this...

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

All you can do is shake your head...

16. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

All Jim Caldwell jokes are now null and void. He just beat Munchak with an 0-13 team and a fourth string QB... by two touchdowns.

17. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

The coaches and players have to be embarrassed to no end. They're certainly the laughing stock of the NFL right now.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Well I believe the Titans still have a slim shot at the playoffs. They'd need help and they probably won't win out, anyways.

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

So what do the Titans need to get in?

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Need the Chargers to keep losing today, I am pretty sure. After that, Titans must win next week. Then they need a Jets win, Bengals loss and Raiders loss. Or a Jets win, Bengals loss and Broncos loss.

I think those two scenarios put them in.