Tennessee Vs. Mizzou Predictions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Nov 14, 2015.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was pretty confident the Vols would win, but with the weather I'm not so sure anymore. Dobbs will take some shots. Even if he is totally ineffective, our staff wouldn't pull him until we were down by 60.

2. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I think #bff focus for Butch means something different entirely. Ask NYYVOL what #bfffocus means at the truck stop.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

That we are even unsure of the outcome against a bad Mizzou team in year 3 of this asshat, is the ultimate display of how he sucks mightily.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It is funny how people cannot see this.

5. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

This is Canales' second time as NTSU interim HC, maybe he was encouraging jones to join him. One can hope ...

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

People just keep adjusting expectations downward and downward and then cheer like mad men when Butch barely manages to meet them by the skin of his teeth.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

This "historic cold" crap is silly. It isn't in the teens or something.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Unless it's a blizzard I don't want to hear it.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Did someone say it was going to be historically cold? Hell, it looks like the high is 38 degrees, that is hardly "cold", especially for football.

10. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Lyle will hype this up to be as cold as the Ice Bowl. I can only imagine the stories if he wins. Players batting hypothermia, flu, fatigue, etc. I'm sure he'll have them all reppin' short sleeves to represent "toughness" and "resiliency."

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Our team from Myrtle Beach went to play a playoff game in Missoula, Montana in one of the coldest playoff games ever recorded, if not the coldest, and won.

Our head coach wasn't making any excuses.

I hate this clown.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

"Cold focus" or has he already said it?

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Fwiw the high probably won't be where it is at kickoff, but yeah it's just Jones BS like everything

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It's his pre-loaded excuse MO. He'll spend a decent amount of time in his pre game discussions with the commentators talking about the decks stacked against him. Never mind the MO flat out blows, let's get to the excuses so they're easier to trot out in the post game.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I played 3 games in high school in the low 30's, high 20's

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And if you were in playoffs annually, you did it a lot.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Holy crap, playoffs in Missoula would be worth mentioning as a factor.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Coach hardly even made mention of it in the week leading up. Only fielded questions on it

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Made it all 4 years, only went past week one my senior year

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

High school soccer starts in late February in Tennessee. We played a game in the 20's that was memorably cold. We did indeed lose, but it had nothing to do with the cold.