The Best Athlete in the World

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Mar 11, 2012.

1. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Honorable mention to peter north

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

why didn't you make that clear when you said it?

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

So, he did 1/2 of this job exceptionally well (covering guys) and the other 1/2 he shit the bed.

That's your guy?

This thread should have contained a single post that said, "Bo Jackson" and then everyone else should have had the good sense not to even challenge his supremacy in answering the OP's question.

4. Tenacious D

Here's Neon Deion now, getting RAN DOWN and TACKLED by the punter. Two things:

1. Clearly, Deon Sanders wasn't even the best athlete on the field. He wasn't even better than Hunter Smith.
    2. Summerall says that Sanders told them that, "when he sees the punter, he knows its a touchdown". In addition to not being a better athlete than the Colts punter, he's also a damned liar.

[YOUTUBE]_M8l8ZOs4gw[/YOUTUBE]

5. Tenacious D

Not that further proof should be needed, but here, let DEON SANDERS recount the Superman-like ass-whipping that Bo Jackson placed on him.

I think we can stop the ill-conceived comparisons between the two, at this point:

[YOUTUBE]VQ0292GRh00[/YOUTUBE]

6. Tenacious D

Hey, look! Deon Sanders is clearly a better freestyle rapper than JayZ, and dances better than MJ in '84.

How so, you ask?

Because I simply want to believe that it's true. I mean, look at his awesomeness.

[YOUTUBE]cM7vqqS8jSI[/YOUTUBE]

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I have a guy in mind but i can't think of his name. Pretty sure ESPN did a thing over him. He was a RB, and I'm pretty sure he went to Oklahoma. Was overweight and out of shape and like ran all over a really good team anyway for like 200+ yards. Nothing ever came of him because he let his talent go to waste. Anyone know who I am thinking of?

8. Tenacious D

Pay attention to the opening line of the video, as delivered by Mr. Carlton Fisk, a man who knew a thing or two about baseball, or so I read on Wikipedia.

[YOUTUBE]Bs-1hPkLKeQ[/YOUTUBE]

Talk about all of the runners, tennis players, cover-corners you want - they're all legitimate runners-up, but there has never been a better, more pure and all-around superior athlete than Bo Jackson.

Period.

9. Tenacious D

You're thinking of Marcus Dupree, a legit RB (Hat considers him one of the best RB's he's ever seen, IIRC) - but he was no Bo.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That's him. Granted, I have never seen either of the two play, but from what I have been told, Dupree was one of the most amazing players ever, and that was even without really working out or trying. I've been told he would have been the greatest ever if he had given a shit and put some work in.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I could be mistaken but I think he actually did work out really hard in high school. It was when he went college and started getting the Demi-god treatment that he phoned it in. Not disagreeing with you per se, but pointin out that he wasn't a totally unsculpted lump of clay.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Dupree had nothing on Boobie.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Boobie just got a show up.

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

For your consideration, the entire IPW roster.

[video=youtube;LJgrAMiYrMU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LJgrAMiYrMU[/video]

15. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Hold on, so you mean Deion Sanders as a freshmen got run over by Bo Jackson in his Heisman Trophy winning Senior campaign? Forgive me...I need a second to gather my thoughts. Okay, I'm back. So I guess this conclusively establishes that Jackson was in fact stronger than Sanders, doesn't it? Jesus mother mary of god this changes everything! I mean, who knew?

16. kidbourbon

The game you're thinking of is the Fiesta Bowl Dupree's freshmen year (his only year). He was about 15 pounds overweight. He rushed for 249 yards, which still stands as the Fiesta Bowl rushing record.

That documentary was awesome.

17. kidbourbon

The bolded statement is arguable, and that's not Bo-bashing.

18. kidbourbon

I strongly recommend watching the documentary. I thought it was the second best in the 30 for 30 series after "Once Brothers".

Dupree didn't have the greatest work ethic of all time, but it was (a) his ridiculously stupid decision to leave Oklahoma and play in the USFL, and (b) the subsequent knee injury he suffered while playing in the USFL, that did his career in. Barry Switzer said Dupree was the easily the best he ever coached.

19. kidbourbon

That clip is humorous. "When doing the pre-endzone taunt jog high step goes wrong".

Let the record reflect that neither Kidbourbon nor anybody else on this board nominated Deion Sanders for placement in an "Elite Humility" list.

20. kidbourbon

Did you just write that stopping the run was half of Deion Sander's job description as a cornerback?

Can you please reword* this more clearly and directly this so the record is sufficiently clear? Thanks in advance.