POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Lol @ the idea of consequences for anyone's actions in DC land. Congress members, Presidents, big unelected bureaucracy, ect. They know they are untouchable and can selectively enforce the rules as needed. Same shit. Different day.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m talking about people ignoring subpoenas. Lol @ at assuming I’m talking about actual legal consequences.

Last edited: May 30, 2023
  3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea ignoring Congressional subpoenas isn't supposed to result in actual legal consequence. You and I would totally get away with ignoring a subpoena. Nailed it. Thank god it seems we are committed to keeping the trend up no matter who is in power.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We aren’t talking about you and I.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

True shit like insider trading or ignoring Congressional subpoenas isn't allowed for us, only our DC class! It is almost like we are talking about an active investigation involving a sitting President and FBI director who is not complying with subpoenas from Congress. I'm told we know for sure someone as decent as Uncle Joe is definitely not on the wrong end of the law. Whataboutism about the GOP under the last administration away though if need be.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If you can show me where you were this upset about the ignored subpoenas when the last House Committee was investigating January 6, then fair play to you and kudos. Otherwise, yawn.

Maybe the GOPers should have thought about what would happen the next time they had the subpoena power. But they didn’t. Oh well.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Great. According to this logic the FBI director apparently is acting as a partisan Democrat political actor serving up sweet revenge to a Republican majority House now based on whataboutisms surrounding the previous GOP executive branch who dragged their feet with a Democrat controlled Congress. God forbid we take a look so we can easily clear honest and decent Joe from any GOP lies about any potential wrong doing. He has nothing to hide!

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The FBI Director, who is (looking at notes)...a registed Republican, member of the Federalist Society, and got his last two jobs through nominations by.....George W. Bush and.....Donald Trump? He's the guy wanting to stick it to the GOP? That notoriously left wing agency is ready to die on a hill to protect Uncle Joe?

I'm all for transparency, but I'm not buying the idea Wray's resisting to benefit Biden instead of his stated reason for the refusal. The Comer investigation hasn't shown a lot of promise in terms of delivering on their accusations.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is his reason? Protecting a source, i would guess?

10. Unimane

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Agreed. The FBI director's non-compliance with this subpoena being some kind of karmic lesson being played out on the current GOP House bc of the previous GOP Executive branch's rebuke of the last Dem House majority makes zero sense logically. Not sure why Dooz was making a connection with Wray's decision making to the last Presidency as if it is in anyway a similar situation civically. Whatever the real reasoning is, it has nothing to do with the actions of the last GOP administration.

Regardless subpoenas are subpoenas and Congress has oversite over the FBI. Questioning why the FBI isn't complying with the actual law so far with this subpoena is beyond fair. Americans are right to be wondering what exactly is going on here. Especially since there's just nothing there apparently. Serious allegations like these deserve every stone be unturned in an investigation just to be safe. The quicker we can clear our President's name and move on from this the better.

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  12. Unimane

Your sarcastic second paragraph erroneously suggests a firm statement of no wrongdoing by,, but nothing has been stated here, only there hasn't been any evidence to support the severity of the accusations. What I see is a committee chair playing red-blue games and an FBI official giving, as noted in the linked article, a perfectly reasonable estimation of the situation in which there's no stonewalling only an incomplete assessment of a few items. There's a commitment to honor the subpoena, but it's easier to ruffle up the outrage machine by pretending the FBI director is in the bag for the president. The objective isn't "quicker", it's accurate and responsible. Regardless, the chances of Wray getting any DOJ blowback from a political scene staged by Comer is nil.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed. I would also like to see the pee tapes at some point as well.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

perv

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I imagine they are both located in the same archive

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yep, probably a pizza joint.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Free Masons lodge in Iowa somewhere.