POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The only thing strained was your explanation as to what was untrue about her tweet.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You were the one who got it wrong, you [uck fay]ing idiot.

3. Unimane

I didn’t explain what was untrue about her tweet. You two keep framing me as some kind of moron, but aren’t getting my argument right, at all.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Oh she tied, holy shit I [uck fay]ed that up. While your dumb ass is calling her entitled for getting mad about competing against a man in a WOMEN'S sport. A man calling a woman entitled because she doesn't want to compete against a man in a women's sport is next level.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

No framing is needed. You have done it all on your own.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You indicated she was lying because she is Riley Gaines and then questioned her credibility based on her anger over the fifth place tie.

7. Unimane

She wasn’t mad at the time, not until it became profitable. Now she's wanting trans people banned from chess. The issue of trend in sport is worthy of discussion, but she’s there to be mean spirited and antagonize trans people. She’s entitled because of what spurred her.

But, let’s be real here. You think I’m an idiot for thinking something is a resolved issue for something I don’t think necessarily is. Thomas lost 15 seconds in transitioning, so there’s a difference there. Considering there’s only a scattered, at best, trans athletes doing anything of even relative note, plus other genetic issues, I still think there’s more of discussion to have.

8. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

So I take it nobody here is going to defend these title IX changes? Is that fair to assume?

9. Unimane

That’s still not an explanation of why I thought she was lying.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That was my mistake. Please ignore any requests to express your thoughts.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I haven't read them but I bet I can defend them when I do

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Thomas’s performance went down after hormone therapy, which is 100% expected since male hormones make you physically strong. Perhaps allowing someone to completely finish growth and development under the nourishment of such hormones could be a bit of a problem for physical competition against women.

13. Unimane

You already rejected an explanation I didn’t make as “strained”. So, I’m good. I do think Gaines is wildly exaggerating changes in the law, which purposely don’t mention trans athletes. Quite frankly, I’m glad it doesn’t. I can’t remember such an overwrought issue which occurs so rarely garnering so much attention.

14. Unimane

Which means there’s a different based upon treatment and physical magneto makeup, creating a need for guidelines.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well you just quoted the wrong post so your whole argument is completely discredited and you should retire from the board in shame.

16. Unimane

You didn’t say this?:

The only thing strained was your explanation as to what was untrue about her tweet.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The unfortunate reality is that the fairest guideline probably just excludes trans athletes entirely. Sports are a sacrifice you have to make for that change.

The alternative would be separate leagues covering very large regions that would more than likely involve some huge meets a few times a year due to the limited pool of athletes.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah I misremembered the exact nature of your post from two pages ago. You didn’t explain what was wrong about her tweet, just that she was wrong because she’s Riley Gaines.

You quoted your own post a moment ago rather than mine. Both were fairly minor errors neither of which I would personally choose to recognize as some major break in the argument. Doing so a moment ago, was sarcasm.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
    HCKevinSteele likes this.
  19. Unimane

If that’s the ultimate determination, then that’ll have to be so. I do think there’s a lot of people speaking from a perspective of a lack of knowledge.

IP likes this.
  20. Unimane

Ok. Sounds good to me. No need for me to belabor the point.