POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I always said it’s like an unofficial DC

SetVol13 and warhammer like this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah, but it' gonna suck traffic wise for Memphis. I would suspect a lot of trucks use the old bridge anyway, especially if dealing with FedEx since it's more logical to get to airport using that one.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yea, that's the one I use when I head to Arkansas. Whether it can support a lot of idiot traffic is different, as it is narrow as hell. So if you try to zip through it, you'll probably clip something. And as soon as you cross going from Arkansas to Tennessee, the right line binds up because the off ramp for Jackson, MS section of 40 loop is about a half mile past the bridge, and one lane.

4. fl0at_

Memphis is part of Memphis, and is happy to let the rest of the rednecks, be they Arkansas, Mississippi, or Tennessee rednecks, fight over redneck concerns, like "where from," and Chili's ribs, which they feel are the superior rib.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I do during duck season

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Freedom of movement is something we as Americans do and should be able to take for granted.

7. fl0at_

Wife told me today there was a gas shortage. I hadn't noticed, so I was like "Really?" And she said, "Yea, there's all kinds of videos of people filling up all their cans and everything."

Why is it that our first thought, as a specie or at least a culture, is that when we find out there is a shortage of something, we rush out to make it worse?

"No gas, hell, let's fill up all these dusty containers!"

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

We have evolved to avoid, combat, and exploit scarcity.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I fill up gas cans every couple of weeks to min/max my gas rewards. But this week I said, you know what, I wont do that this time.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I just filled up yesterday. Times like these I'm glad I have a hybrid and no meetings planned until early next week.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No Israel/Palestine discussion going on in here?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

It sucks.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How do we fix it?

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We don't. At some point, they will have to tire of the bloodshed themselves.

justingroves likes this.
  15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Memphis is a shithole.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I am still surprised more people haven't talked about how pathetic the recent jobs report was.

17. fl0at_

Sure, says the Nashville idiots sitting in traffic for 2 hours a day.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Says everyone with a brain.

19. fl0at_

We dumb, we happy dumb folk are content here. I encourage everyone to stay in Nashville, and enjoy their car. When they look back on their life, I hope they fondly remember spending 15% of their waking adult life commuting.

SetVol13 likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the next one is disappointing too, it will be all we hear about.