POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

No, it isn't an issue. She's the VICE PRESIDENT. Jesus H. Christ, I'm younger than you, and I remember Dan Quayle.

SHE is the VICE PRESIDENT. Are her political handlers worried about her? Sure, it might hurt her image and cause issues for re-election.

But that's it. This has no policy impact. This doesn't affect trade, or allies or any [dadgum] thing. Oh, I mean other than political image. Which should matter about exactly [uck fay] all the American people.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Doesn't bother me. I hope that she and thus he continue to look like a fool. Every unforced error is gold.

zehr27 likes this.
  3. fl0at_

Idiocy.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

it's all a performance, you see. entertainment.

5. fl0at_

Yes. He is making that abundantly clear that he thinks that is all this is, and all it should be.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The last few days of posting about it seems to contradict this statement, but, on the other hand, like I usually say, posting is what we’re here to do after all, so you do you.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't care what has been stated, a trip to the border is merely a photo op. Criticism of not going to the border while she negotiates with pertinent officials towards dealing with immigration issues is merely [itch bay]ing for the sake of [itch bay]ing. "Brown Woman Bad", isn't that how it goes?

8. Unimane

Then she should find a better response to the question.

9. fl0at_

To me, she was trying to say "We've been to the friggen border over and over and over and over again. There is nothing more we can gain by going to the friggen border. It's a line in the sand. It ain't changed. We've got pictures. We've got satellite imagery. It isn't a land mark. It's nothing. There is no friggen reason why any high level government official should go to the border, unless they're there to stand in front of something being built. We aren't building shit. Going to the border is dumb as hell. Anyone that thinks we should go is an idiot."

But she doesn't let me prep her meetings...

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I think we have built up quite a reserve in regards to [itch bay]ing for the sake of [itch bay]ing. God forbid if anybody criticizes the new regime. You don't get to have 4 years of it, every damn day, then tell people to shut up when the shoe is on the other foot.

VolDad likes this.
  11. fl0at_

Oh, did we do a lot of criticism of Mike Pence?

12. Unimane

I would do something similar. Maybe a few lines in there about how we waste too much time in politics playing silly gotcha games to make the other side look bad and she doesn't have time for them.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If it is not about performance then what is it about.... results?!?

You thing her trip will result in solving the border crisis?

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What I have said is her not going to the border is bad optics and caused an unforced error. Apparently many feel the same including many on your side of the aisle.

But y'all please keep telling me how wrong I am and how I am an idiot for thinking it.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I fully expect them to reduce illegal immigration and implement a long term strategy to make it as secure as the northern border at some point in time. You should expect it too. Will it happen? Well that will be a challenge. But the expectation we should all have is results. Realistically, we can do better than where we are and how we've been.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't log in to submit or read empty posts and my opinionating doesn't operate on a quadrennial schedule. this is what we do. you say stuff, I say stuff, and everyone suffers. sometimes tennessee wins something and we are all satiated for a moment.

SetVol13 likes this.
  17. fl0at_

Yes, you are as wrong as all those other "many" on any side of the aisle. For the reasons stated. You're actually more wrong, because we can't talk to those other "many." We can only talk to you.

If your source for why you think you aren't wrong... is a source that we can't talk to to show they are wrong, in order to change it, then you've just taken an immutable position. And that is absolutely idiocy.

They are wrong. You are wrong. The reasons are many, and listed. If you ignore those reasons, and just use the other side that is also wrong... that is idiocy.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

We will see how wrong I am should she continue the gaffs and being unlikable when she runs again for higher office or, God forbid something happen to Biden, re-election.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am much more interested in them performing the job and hitting the marks, than in them campaigning already. the job is not perpetual campaigning.

20. fl0at_

Who cares? That's the biggest wrong part. Who cares about her being unlikable? Who the hell cares?

There is no policy impact here. So it doesn't matter.